Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 274 total)
  • Author

<em>@drarvindc 220714 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi reuelc,

I am not sure if i understand this correctly

PM me your hosting panel access and the folder where you want to install. I shall check and install if for you and tell you what you missed.
    accessing the folder (where quickstart files are unzipped) from web url and then following the normal joomla installation steps and then pressing the “install sample data” button on the last step (where it asks for admin password and email), should give you the demo site.

Arvind</blockquote>

Hi Arvind, I did not follow the installation > “type the website to the address bar”, what i did was i installed joomla using simplescript after i transfered the files to the server thats why the modules and addons are not working.

everything is working perfectly now.. 😀 thank you

i suggest we can make a visual tutorial so beginners can understand.

Phill Moderator

Simplescript can do funny things to the installation so best in future to upload the quickstart via ftp using the method detailed a few times throughout this thread..

dickychipps Friend

Jom Social Quickstart seems to be missing something. I presume some of the plugins are missing?

From a fresh start after unziping to htdocs and going through the joomla install. You get the following.
    Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventevent.php on line 67

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in C:xampphtdocsjomsocial2librariesjoomlaeventdispatcher.php on line 136

Phill Moderator

What template are you using, what version of php are you running and what version of Joomla are you running?

drseide Friend

Hung, I am confused about installing the quickstart template.

I uploaded the zip file to my host and extracted it using cpanel to my folder.

What do you mean by type in the URL to the quickstart?

For instance, I installed Joomla into http://dyslexia-library.com. Also in that folder is the unzipped quickstart. What URL do I type in? I can get into the back end in Joomla and install a template, but I don’t know what you mean by the URL to quickstart. I tried dyslexia-library.com/installation or dyslexia-library.com/installation/index.php but that gave me a 404 page.

Phill Moderator

The quickstart is a complete Joomla installation. You do not install it into a folder that already has a Joomla install.

If your current Joomla install is at the address above and has nothing in it as it appears then remove that install, empty your database and then extract and upload all the files in the quickstart.

Once done browse to the address above then follow through the standard Joomla install screens you will be presented with and make sure you click the “Install Sample Data” button on the last page.

drseide Friend

Thanks phill. I am still more clueless than you supposed. I uninstalled the site now and the files are all loaded into the domain folder. I have only installed Joomla before using Fantastico.

What url am I supposed to type in? I tried this: http://www.dyslexia-library.com/installation/index.php And got a 404 page only.

Phill Moderator

What did you do with fantastico? Do not go near fantastico at all.

Download only the quickstart. Unzip all the files it contains and upload them to whatever directory currently contains the folder “jaextmanager_data”

When you have done that simply browse to http://www.dyslecia-library.com and then follow the standard Joomla installer.

Phill Moderator

What did you do with fantastico? Do not go near fantastico at all.

Download only the quickstart. Unzip all the files it contains and upload them to whatever directory currently contains the folder “jaextmanager_data”

When you have done that simply browse to http://www.dyslexia-library.com and then follow the standard Joomla installer.

drseide Friend

Thanks again Phil. I can see I am getting closer. I can now see the quickstart here: http://dyslexia-library.com/jaextmanager_data/

But where do I get in the back end? I tried various combinations of administrator and can’t find out how to log into the site. Is it wrong that I see the site in the jaextmanager_data folder – should it be just in dyslexia-library.com instead? THANKS.

Phill Moderator

I would have installed it in dyslexia-library.com

The admin panel can currently be found here – http://dyslexia-library.com/jaextmanager_data/administrator/

mseaver Friend

I’ve tried to install JA Rave through quickstart. I’ve downloaded Xampp for Windows and went through the step by step guide, but when I got to installing I got the following error messages

Warning: require_once(C:xampphtdocsraveincludesdefines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:xampphtdocsraveindex.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘C:xampphtdocsraveincludesdefines.php’ (include_path=’.;C:xamppphpPEAR’) in C:xampphtdocsraveindex.php on line 21

Anybody know what the problem is here?

Thanks

Phill Moderator

I am guessing that your version of Xampp is using a very new version of PH /MySql which Joomla is not yet compatible with. Please use an earlier version of PhP and MySql (you can select different version in Xampp).

It could also be that your Xampp install is not configured correctly.

msagimp Friend

Hello!
    when I try to install the Quickstart, i have a problem in local mode. I followed all steps similar the normal joomla, but when i launch the opening site doesn’t open the administration page but I read the following error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in F:xampphtdocsjunkymodulesmod_jatwitterjatwitter.php on line 332.

Please, help me! Thank you!

Phill Moderator

The message means you do not have cURL enabled in your xampp install. Either enable cURL within Xampp or you should be able to go to the joomla back end in your instal (this error will only occure on the front end) and disable the twitter module.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 274 total)

This topic contains 274 replies, has 97 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum