Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

To install JoomlArt Module(or other Joomla! modules also), please follow these steps below:

1. Download the module package from JoomlArt download section
    2. Login to your Joomla! Administrator Panel. Then select Extensions >> Install/Uninstall
    1. Click on Browse button,select the module package (zip file) that you want to install, then click Upload File & Install
    2. If you’ve already uploaded all module file to a specific folder on your site, you can choose to install them from directory. Put the absolute path to that directory and click Install

You will receive successful message if module has been installed. Otherwise, please follow Joomla! instruction to correct error.

3. To manage your installed module, select Extensions >> Module Manager.
    4. System will direct to its module manager page

1. Enable module then click module name, you will be directed to its configuration page

Choose position and menu assignment of module that will be displayed in front-end on combo box Position and Menu selection.

You configure module parameters as you wish

lssiadmin Friend

Where oh where has the JA Newsflash module gone? I cannot find it in the downloads!!

annartist Friend

i get this message when trying to upload the modules from my server

* Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
    * Path does not have a valid package.
    and i cant find the newsmodule either
    help?!

wooohanetworks Friend

I don’t know, this error message always comes up when not uploading single module zip packages but e.g. a zip that contains the module package zip to upload.

Basically, most module packages to upload are named “mod_janews” for example. Maybe you tried to upload a package that needs to be unzipped first and one has to upload the zip contained in it. This is a common fault, I would say anyone who uses Joomla once made this fault.

When you still get an error when you upload the actual right module zip, there may be other errors, like sometimes the server access permissions etc..

golfvilla Friend

I know the post above is old but in case someone else has this same problem…this usually happens when there is a zip file inside of a zip file. The download for 1.5 has two files, a module and a plugin but only one zip file is downloaded. Unzip the downloaded file. It will create two folders , one for the module and one for the plugin. Inside the Module folder is the module zip file. Go to your backend > extensions > install in Joomla and install the module zip file located in the module folder you just unzipped. Repeat the process for the plugin zip file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  golfvilla 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum