Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    This reply has been marked as private.
    galaxx Friend

Very few categories in our test store have ‘category_show_descr’ = 1 (from j33_virtuemart_categories_ru_ru), others have 0 and it only takes to select categories with 1 to use in a filter. So I suggest to check the possibility of showing only these categories.

Saguaros Moderator
    galaxx Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I checked the ‘main.js’ file but I didn’t see the changes I suggested.

I update that line of code to hide 2 categories values of 733, 734. As you can see they are hidden now: http://prntscr.com/hnrsiy

galaxx Friend

Thank you very much! Changing code the way you do, is better than nothing, but we are trying to make "mega" filter MEGA indeed, aren’t we? )) Your hack is ok to hide 1-5 categories, but what about showing 5 -10 while hiding 150+ total categories (in my case)? I’m sure, we are not far from implementing categories group selection in filter’s admin interface. Believe me, this will increase the number of Megafilter component downloads!

galaxx Friend

A small update with right digits: I need to SHOW only 20 categories and HIDE 489 total categories in a filter. This goal definitely requires some solution with categories group selection, just like the one, available in Virtuemart admin panel. At least, my suggestion with DB parameter could be helpful, as such a parameter might be loaded from a csv table directly into a corresponding DB.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I got your point but this feature is specific for your site only. It requires adding value ‘Show/Hide’ for the categories in Virtuemart, tweak the megafilter to get this value. It will relate both VM & Megafilter. I suggest you to hire a developer to get this done for you.

Regards

galaxx Friend

Hi! The requested feature is standard in some other filters, I’ve checked by myself, and this is for a good reason, I guess. Also, as I mentioned before, It also can help me to use JA Megafilter while awaiting a solution with currency conversion, which, for sure, is not specific for my site only. I thought, It might be easier for JA team to implement show/hide option.. Anyway, is it possible to get some basic guidance for tweaking megafilter, so it could operate with show/hide parameter. Please, remember, I, have already mentioned a value, which could be used for tweaking. Unfortunately, I can not afford hiring a coder or spending more money for another filter((

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  galaxx.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  galaxx.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I understand, I will report to the team and let’s see how they consider to implement it or not. At this moment, pls try with above solution.

Regards

galaxx Friend

Hi! Thank you, I will wait for a team’s positive decision – It’s Christmas time, isn’t it? ))

galaxx Friend

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Any good news, concerning suggested improvements?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

There is still no news for this case unfortunately.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum