Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I search everywhere without success, i just want to hide the menu on some pages, like the “old” menu module 😉

For my example on the Ja_norite home page, i don’t want to publish it …

Thanks

John Wesley Brett Moderator

In the administration area…
    Goto EXTENTIONS > MODULE MANAGER then find the MAIN MENU module or whatever you are calling the menu you want to hide.
    Open it and on the left under MENU ASSIGNMENT select the pages you want it to show on.

Have fun.
    John.

spdave Friend

Hello JBrett,
    I understood but I use T3 with mega menu. My main menu is not published.
    Do we have to create a new layout for page we don’t want to show the main menu :confused: It ‘s not so easy by this way.
    Thanks

John Wesley Brett Moderator

I may be misunderstanding you again…but, here are two thoughts:

[FONT=”Arial Black”]#1 [/FONT]using Joomla, you cannot have a front page that is not part of a menu. You can always create an HTML front page that is not part of Joomla…like a splashpage…that would then launch to whatever part of your Joomla site you are wanting your user to go to. But Joomla, by its very nature, is built on a menu.

[FONT=”Arial Black”]#2 [/FONT]Now having said that…perhaps you are just wanting to select a different page as your frontpage…or “DEFAULT” page as Joomla calls it. Many people forget you can do this..

Go to MENUS > MAIN MENU (or any other menu)
    Then put a check mark beside absolutely any page that you want to load first when someone comes to your site. And then select DEFAULT in the menu at the top. Then the page you selected will be the first shown when someone goes to http://www.yoursite.com

Hope I’m getting closer to an answer for you.
    John.

spdave Friend

Hi John,

All is ok with the menu, my question is :

How to do not display the main menu on some page (front or other ;)) with T3 framework and megamenu.

your first answer is for the “traditionnal main menu module’:

Goto EXTENTIONS > MODULE MANAGER then find the MAIN MENU module or whatever you are calling the menu you want to hide.
    Open it and on the left under MENU ASSIGNMENT select the pages you want it to show on.

With T3, it’s impossible by this way.

I posted a ticket too,

Thanks

Dave

banhquy Friend

i have the same question with spdave :confused:

Saguaros Moderator

Dear all!

Pls open the file templates/ja_purityii/layouts/blocks/mainnav.php and replace all source code by the following code:
    [PHP]
    <?php $items = array(53,54) ; // 53, 54 is the value of the ItemId ?>
    <?php if ( !in_array((int)JRequest::getVar(‘Itemid’),$items) ) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”wrap”>
    <div class=”main clearfix”>
    <?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu ($this->getParam(‘startlevel’,0), $this->getParam(‘endlevel’,-1)); ?>
    </div>
    </div>

<?php if ($this->hasSubmenu() && ($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-subnav” class=”wrap”>
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>

<ul class=”no-display”>
    <li><a href=”<?php echo $this->getCurrentURL();?>#ja-content” title=”<?php echo JText::_(“Skip to content”);?>”><?php echo JText::_(“Skip to content”);?></a></li>
    </ul>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

in this code: [PHP]<?php $items = array(53,54) ; // 53, 54 is the value of the ItemId ?>[/PHP]
    you put which Items you choose to hide the menu

Good luck

spdave Friend

Hi,

Many thanks Tienhc, but with the ja_norite template, I cannot find this code :-[

mfaisalk Friend

thanks it works for me.

spdave Friend

Hello,

I don’t know why JA staff open two tickets for me for this post, I’m just waiting an answer since monday.

So, display or not a module must stay a basic event in joomla, in french we say : Better is the enemy of good.

Thanks for your work 😀

Spdave

spdave Friend

Hello,

All is in the title … I will close and post in norite forum,

Thanks

jimcapraro Friend

spdave,
    I need to also hide the main menu in JA_Norite. Did you ever get an answer?

railer Friend

<em>@tienhc 182141 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear all!

Pls open the file templates/ja_purityii/layouts/blocks/mainnav.php and replace all source code by the following code:
    [PHP]
    <?php $items = array(53,54) ; // 53, 54 is the value of the ItemId ?>
    <div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”wrap”>
    <?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu ($this->getParam(‘startlevel’,0), $this->getParam(‘endlevel’,-1)); ?>
    </div>
    </div>

<?php if ($this->hasSubmenu() && ($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-subnav” class=”wrap”>
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>

<ul class=”no-display”>
    <li><a href=”<?php echo $this->getCurrentURL();?>#ja-content” title=”<?php echo JText::_(“Skip to content”);?>”><?php echo JText::_(“Skip to content”);?></a></li>
    </ul>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

in this code: [PHP]<?php $items = array(53,54) ; // 53, 54 is the value of the ItemId ?>[/PHP]
    you put which Items you choose to hide the menu

Good luck</blockquote>

I’m also using the JA Norite template. Should I copy the above quoted code and add it to my mainnav.php file (in the layouts/blocks override)?

Would the below be the correct modification to the exiting mainnav.php file for JA Norite?:

[PHP]<?php $items = array(53,54) ; // 53, 54 is the value of the ItemId ?>

<!– START OF EXISTING MAINNAV CODE: –>

<div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”clearfix”>
    <div class=”inner”>
    </div>
    </div>

<ul class=”no-display”>
    </ul>

<!– END OF EXISTING MAINNAV CODE. –>

<?php endif; ?>[/PHP]

Please advise…

Thanks,
    railer

jmiller@mokoconsulting.com Friend

The easiest way without overwriting code is the create a Duplicate Style, then add CSS to hide the Menu.

That’s the method I used for the Purity Template.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jmiller@mokoconsulting.com 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum