Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hi Joomlart team, could someone please kindly help me to hide the extra field details as seen in the screenshot below. Many thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,
    Alyssa

1. Screen-Shot-2017-05-28-at-12.03.10-pm
    Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

In Menu Item ID ‘Map’, you use type of K2, just change type to JA K2 Filter.
    JA K2 Filter supports to choose what Extra Field of K2 to show in Result Page, you can set in: JA K2 Filter >> Option >> tab Extra Fields View Options

southsouthworld Friend

Thanks for replying Luna. Much appreciated. will try it and let you know the outcome 🙂

southsouthworld Friend

Hi Luna,

I can’t find a type in the menu item ID for Map. I do not want to hide all the extra views only some of them. Please kindly explain in more detail what I need to do. Many thanks!

southsouthworld Friend

Hi Luna, I tried without much success.

Luna Garden Moderator

I can’t find a type in the menu item ID for Map.

Just go to Menu find Menu Item Map >> Open, you’ll see this Menu Item Type, click to choose Type JA K2 Filter >> Item List

You can set in: backend >> JA K2 Filter >> Option >> tab Extra Fields View Options as this capture: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/1050/0372241002.png

southsouthworld Friend

Hi Luna,

Thanks for following up on this. I have followed your instructions and unfortunately, all the extra fields are still showing up on the map infobox despite choosing only 4. Is there some CSS code we can use to hide them?

The screenshot attached is showing the extra fields set in the backend.

Kindest regards,
    Alyssa

1. Screen-Shot-2017-05-30-at-1.47.32-pm
    Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

I have fixed on your site yabanciturkler, you can check how I set in Menu Item Home & Map.

The screenshot attached is showing the extra fields set in the backend.

Remember to select Longitude & Latitude, they’re the value to show on Map. No Longitude , Latitude will be no Map appears.

southsouthworld Friend

Absolutely wonderful work Luna! Great job it is working how we wanted. Thank you so very much!

southsouthworld Friend

Dear Luna, it has caused the sub-nav menu to disappear on the K2 item pages. Could you please kindly assist on how to get the sub-nav menu to appear, like in the screenshot below.

Kindest regards,
    Alyssa

1. Screen-Shot-2017-05-31-at-2.08.51-pm
    southsouthworld Friend

Dear Luna, I replicated the same JA K2 Items list settings for the africa map menu item, but I am getting a search "null" error on the Africa map page. The page URL is africa.yabanciturkler.com

Only this URL seems to work for the map to show on the africa map page: http://www.africa.yabanciturkler.com/?category_id=8&isc=1&limit=9&start=9 (However it shows all the items, I only need the Africa category items to show).

Please kindly see the screenshot of my problem attached.

Kindest regards, Alyssa

1. screencapture-africa-yabanciturkler-1496232302073-1
    2. screencapture-yabanciturkler-administrator-index-php-1496231948951
    southsouthworld Friend

Hi Luna, do you think its easier if I leave the other subdomain map pages as K2 category menu item types?

This seems to show the K2 items in each category (agro, africa, arab etc). When I use the JA k2 Menu item list type it doesn’t seem to work properly.

Then the only problem is I face is hiding the extra fields on the map when the page is set as a K2 category menu item type.

Luna Garden Moderator

Then the only problem is I face is hiding the extra fields on the map when the page is set as a K2 category menu item type.

Yes, K2 doesn’t support to show selected Extra Fields.

When I use the JA k2 Menu item list type it doesn’t seem to work properly.

What problem did you got when use JA K2 Filter Menu type.

southsouthworld Friend

Hi Luna figured out why it is not working for the subdomain pages. It is because I used a plugin that can assign K2 items to multiple categories, so it is not showing up for the multiple assigned categories only the first category I assigned them under. Is there a way to add a special code in the back JA K2 filter category.php to get the K2 items to show up in the other categories as well? Many thanks,
    Alyssa

southsouthworld Friend

The problem is that the JA K2 filter menu type does show my the K2 items under the mutliple categories I assigned them to. I used the extension, Additional Categories for K2 (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/additional-categories-for-k2/) So then I tried adding the codes below in the JA K2 Filter category_item.php and the item.php. But it is still not showing the categories I would like.

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemCategory')): ?>
        <!-- Item category -->
        <div class="itemCategory">
            <span><?php echo JText::_('K2_PUBLISHED_IN'); ?></span>
            <a href="<?php echo $this->item->category->link; ?>"><?php echo $this->item->category->name; ?></a>

<?php
      $dispatcher = JDispatcher::getInstance();
      JPluginHelper::importPlugin (‘k2’);
      $additional_category_links=$dispatcher->trigger(‘onK2AfterLinkCategoryPublish’, array($this->item->id));
      echo $additional_category_links[0];
    ?>

<?php endif; ?>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum