Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Dear team, I would like to use the Purity III template and I have installed the temple to the website.
    I activited the Corporate layout but I would like to know how to get the below style on a page.

I do know that the positions (used t3module to identify the positions) but should I use Custom HTML to get this style of 04 boxes ? or, is there another option where I could make this with articles perhaps?

Looking forward for your replies,
    Total Joomla newbie,
    M

TomC Moderator

Did you download/install the quickstart package?

meshaun Friend

<em>@TomC 421342 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you download/install the quickstart package?</blockquote>

Should I install the package? I only installed the template, plugins and the component only. I already have Joomla 3.2 installed so I didn’t install the quick-starter pack/

TomC Moderator

Here is why I think you should wipe the slate clean and reinstall with the quickstart package –>

meshaun Friend

<em>@TomC 421383 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is why I think you should wipe the slate clean and reinstall with the quickstart package –>

</blockquote>

With you advise, I’ve installed the Purity III quickstart. But, now, the whole is the exact demo of the Purity III. How can I change the articles and modules? Or is there a way to assign the Corporate style only? And then amend the styles and articles on by one?

TomC Moderator

<em>@meshaun 421405 wrote:</em><blockquote>With you advise, I’ve installed the Purity III quickstart. But, now, the whole is the exact demo of the Purity III. How can I change the articles and modules? Or is there a way to assign the Corporate style only? And then amend the styles and articles on by one?</blockquote>

It sounds like you may need some assistance with learning the basics of working with a Joomla based site.
    Here are several resources which may be of assistance to you . . . .

http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/

http://www.joomlatutorials.com/

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla-video/build-joomla3-site/

pittigeteksten Friend

Hi Tom,
    Although I don’t know Meshaun, I doubt that experience has so much to do with it, since Purity III behaves differently than the other templates I know from Joomlart. I am also having problems with the Purity III quickstart package: it will not let me assign the default homepage style to anything else than the homepage style it came with in the quickstart package. Whatever style is set in the template manager or assigned to the home menu page, Purity III keeps ignoring it and starts using the default style. I never had these kind of problems with any other Joomlart template.
    Pierre

pittigeteksten Friend

I just found out it has to be done by setting the Main menu default to for example the corporate layout page. This is counter intuitive if you ask me.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pittigeteksten 421710 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just found out it has to be done by setting the Main menu default to for example the corporate layout page. This is counter intuitive if you ask me.</blockquote>

There are many aspects of Joomla 3.x that are counter-intuitive to me . . . but as I am not a core Joomla programmer, we have to work with what we have to work with. :p

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum