Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

To create module position in Joomla! 1.5.x and it’s not in the dropdown list, please do as follow:

• Go to your desire module configuration page by click on its name.
    • In Position dropdown box, use your mouse to select all text in that box, then enter a new name of position there
    • Finally, click Save, your new position has been created and your module has been published to that position also.

——-

In Joomla! 1.0.x, please go to Site >> Template Manager >> Module Postions, type the new module position you want to create in a new blank box and click save.

beyondsports Friend

doesnt work for some reason…. i disabled the ja news and pt an article in its place… placed the { } in the content area and nothing…. any idea’s… like i said i am looking for the same appearance as telline with the new’s headings – but with rss feeds instead….
    trey

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@kashxo 54357 wrote:</em><blockquote>To create module position in Joomla! 1.5.x and it’s not in the dropdown list, please do as follow:

• Go to your desire module configuration page by click on its name.
    • In Position dropdown box, use your mouse to select all text in that box, then enter a new name of position there
    • Finally, click Save, your new position has been created and your module has been published to that position also.

——-

Hi kashxo,

This clarification is with respect to templates for Joomla 1.0.x

In Joomla! 1.0.x, please go to Site >> Template Manager >> Module Postions, type the new module position you want to create in a new blank box and click save.
    </blockquote>

This would be useful with more details please. This statement is not self evident, as to how it is implemented after it is saved:

“…your new position has been created and your module has been published to that position also.”

Please clarify this.

For this discussion, let use these as major divisions of a page

For example, if I created a new position called user 10,

1) how do I direct that new user 10 to a specific new location in a specific template?

2) how do I specify the attributes of new user 10 so that it will have oner of these attributes:

2a) spans the both the bottom of the “left” and “right” positions

2b) the defined positions indicated below

A. Header

B. Body

Bt: Body top => a position that spans the width of the page at the top of the Body

B1. Left Side => a position that spans the height of the Body located at the left side, below the “Body top” and above the “Body bottom” of the Body. It is called “left side” to distinguish it from the position “Left” as used by Joomlart.

B2. Middle => a position that spans the height of the Body located between the left and right side of the Body. It is called “Middle” to distinguish it from the position “Main” as used by Joomla

B3: Right side => a position that spans the height of the Body located at the right side of the Body. It is called “right side” to distinguish it from the position “Left” as used by Joomlart.

Bb. Body bottom => a position that spans the width of the page at the bottom of the Body
    It is called “Body bottom” to distinguish it from the position “bottom” as used by Joomlart.

C. Footer

Thanks.

Cornelio

jgkiefer Friend

Almost a year and no reply. I guess they do not know how this is done. You would have thought they would have just said that they do not know instead on not answering, makes one think that the forum is not important.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jgkiefer 58962 wrote:</em><blockquote>Almost a year and no reply. [/quote]
    A year from what?

:confused:

jgkiefer Friend

Oh, sorry my bad. I have other posts that are unanswered.

Adding module positions
    See these threads
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=466&p=1258337
    and
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=256274 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@jgkiefer 59047 wrote:</em><blockquote>Oh, sorry my bad. I have other posts that are unanswered.

Adding module positions
    See these threads
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=466&p=1258337
    and
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=256274 :)</blockquote>

Thanks jgkiefer,

The discussion there was for Joomla 1.5x.

I assume the same rules apply also for the Joomla 1.0x?

Cornelio

bookpeg Friend

Sorry i’m a complete beginner could you explain to me how to do this ……
    I dont understand where to actually place the code…..

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bookpeg 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum