Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

This guide applies for fresh Quickstart installation, Joomla 3.4 and Vik Rent Car Component.

If you have made changes to default configurations, you might foresee unexpected conflicts.

Please follow instructions below to integrate Vik Rent Car component with the pre-defined configuration as used in our demo site:

Step 1: Buy, download and install component Vik Rent Car.

Step 2: Download and install module mod_vikrentcar_cars_v1.2.zip.

Step 3: Install SQL. Download SQL data file:

SQL for Joomla 3.x ja_rent_sample_data.zip

Open the .sql file you just downloaded and then: – Replace **jarent with [database Tables Prefix] Where to get the [database Tables Prefix]:** Navigate to Administrator -> site -> global configuration -> server, you will see your [database Tables Prefix] as in the screenshot below:

Then, login to PHPMyadmin, select your Database Name (see screenshot for reference) And import the_ .sql file you have updated for your db prefix above.

Step 4: Download images package from ja_rent_sample_images.zip then unzip and copy to your site’s root folder.

Once done, you should see the images path: administrator/components/com_vikrentcar/resources

If you need further clarification, feel free to leave comments below. I would be happy to answer all the questions.

igon2 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    igon2 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    librandi Friend

I solved

1. Cattura-3
    7of9 Friend

@ccs Magician Links do not work: Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.
    Please advise.

Anonymous Moderator

@ccs Magician Links do not work: Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.
    Please advise.

Could you clarify which link you couldn’t access exactly? I tried all of them and they are still working.

Pls let me know and I will find other way to send you the file.

7of9 Friend

I was talking about this one: https://extensionsforjoomla.com/components-modules/vik-rent-car-e4j
    At the time it was not working.

Anonymous Moderator

I was talking about this one: https://extensionsforjoomla.com/components-modules/vik-rent-car-e4j
    At the time it was not working.

It’s the link to ViK Rent Car component site so you can buy it. Link is working now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum