Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Sorry if this seems so obvious to a lot of you…
    How do I create the menu that makes the main navigation of the site, right above the divider line and below the logo image?

So far it it gives me 3 blank <DIV>. When I check the HTML source of the page, I get this:

<!– BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION –>
    <div id=”ja-mainnavwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”clearfix”>
    <div id=”ja-splitmenu” class=”mainlevel clearfix”>

</div> </div>
    </div>
    <!– END: MAIN NAVIGATION –>

I’m still testing on my local server, so no URL yet.

Thanks,
    -Gouaf

Sherlock Friend

Can u send your url

gouaf Friend

Hi,

don’t know if this is of any help, i’m still at http://localhost/site/ I will purchase the domain only after I’ve completed the site on my local server.

-gouaf

Sherlock Friend

Hi.
    I think you should read mod_mainmenu module, it is default menu of joomla, you will have solution for your request

davidmccreary JATC

I have JA Telline II installed with 1.0.15 and as per above question, i see no way to create a menu as shown in the demo. There’s no position in that code.

Here’s what I need to know:
    1. As per the demo, how to create a horizontal menu that fits between the logo and the divider bar (in demo the menu reads HOME WORLD SPORT TECHNOLOGY etc

2. index.php code:
    <!– BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION –>
    <div id=”ja-mainnavwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-mainnav” class=”clearfix”>
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php if ($hasSubnav) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-subnavwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-subnav” class=”clearfix”>
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1,1); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!– END: MAIN NAVIGATION –>

There is no position there…

ja_vars_1.0x.php code:

$_params->set(JA_TOOL_MENU,’moo’); // split, moo, css
    # Joomla menutype used in main navigation
    $_params->set(‘menutype’,’magazine’);
    # Show user tools
    $_params->set(JA_TOOL_USER, 2); //0: disabled; 2: enabled

The only mention I see of “magazine” in the user guide refers to the JA ZIN plugin. Is that what’s being used here???

Main menu and the menu in question here are clearly separate entities. The userguide gives no guidance. HELP!

THANKS

myronlee Friend

Hi,
    Maybe this will help, …. go to Template Manager and edit template and in Menu type, – choose magazin. then you may have to work with Front Page mod. when you creat a menu button or article, you put it under Magazin menu.

davidmccreary JATC

this is an install on 1.0.15 not 1.5.3. has anyone figured out how to create that top horizontal navigation working with 1.0.15???

myronlee Friend

Not sure, but the manual says this:
    On Joomla! 1.0.x version, please open file name ja_vars_1.0x.php or ja_vars.php and you will see parameters with description there.

gouaf Friend

I installed T2 in my hosted account and it works perfect. I think the menu will not work *IF* no sample data is loaded (i.e., the Lorem Ipsum/Welcome to Joomla! articles). I think that for this menu to work, you need to activate MAIN MENU and link it to existing Categories.

myronlee Friend

Not sure about that…
    I have Main Menu disabled
    … maybe with 1.0… you can go into HTML edit… and towards the top you can make menu choices.

– connersvilletoday.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  myronlee 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum