Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Firstly, many thanks. I have used your purity templates on two community sites that I support for many years and they have served us well.

I have just upgraded a site to Joomla V3.3.6 from V2.5.28.

Following the upgrade I have encountered a problem as follows:

When I create a new menu item (single article) in hornav/topmenu the article displays incorrectly. Hornav/topmenu is not seen and the layout is not correct. For example: http://fridaygolfsociety.es/index.php/non-golf-events/test321

However if I create a similar link to the same article in one of the other menus the article displays correctly. For example: http://www.fridaygolfsociety.es/index.php/test-rgdfdghh

All existing links on the site appear to be OK after the upgrade. It seems to be only when I try to create a new menu item in hornav/topmenu that this problem occurs.

Any advice and help gratefully received. Thanks.

UPDATE

AFTER FIRST POSTING THE ABOVE I have realised that I did not update the framework and the template to the latest versions during the upgrade process. I have downloaded them ready to update the site but have not done so yet.

Also, I built a test site on a live server (from an akeeba backup of the live site) and tested out adding new menu items in hornav/topmenu and it worked OK on the test site. It is only when I have come to update the live site that this fault has come to light.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Did you backup it before doing process? I’m so sorry about this but Purity II only support JOOMLA version 3.1.x and not latest JOOMLA version.

johnmwo Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 459397 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you backup it before doing process? I’m so sorry about this but Purity II only support JOOMLA version 3.1.x and not latest JOOMLA version.</blockquote>

The site is still usable at present so I think there may be no need to revert the site back. The benefit of being on the latest version of Joomla is enough as long as I can move forward and use a supported framework/template.

Some advice on going forward would be useful. Do you recommend that I upgrade to T3 V3 and Purity III? If yes, do you have any documentation on how to do the update to the framework and the template?

I have a test site set up ready to go. So I could test the update process soon.

Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Purity III and new T3 framework have structure difference with Purity II and old T3 framework and it likes as a other template.

You can have a look at userguide about to work with Purity III template for reference here

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum