Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I posted the same thread back a week or so and did not get an answer. I am hoping that since I am a paid member I will get a solution.

What I want to do is have the Login Module on the right side of the Top Menu. I have 4 items menu’s and should have room. I was also told it may be possible to put above the top menu, which is a viable solution. However, I do not know how to accomplish either of these.

Please help me with instructions explaining how to put the lofin module next to the menu…. Or how to create the new module position above the Top Menu.

I am using JA Roache Joomla 1.0.13

Thank You

Menalto Friend

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/login-in-top-menu-or-top-line/

There is your tread, i will need your site url to take a look how the site is set up

clivecchi Friend

thanks for the quick reply….

the site is http://www.hisinfluence.com

barologist Friend

I would also like to add this functionality to my site. I would like the horizontal login placed in the search location of the teline IV template.

http://www.barfactory.com

TomC Moderator

<em>@barologist 258495 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would also like to add this functionality to my site. I would like the horizontal login placed in the search location of the teline IV template.

http://www.barfactory.com</blockquote>
    I actually did exactly this with my current WIP Teline IV based site.

Here is how you can accomplish this . . . .

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    You may need to disable or relocate your ‘search” module to a different location – otherwise things may not fit correctly. Either way, you will still need to fiddle around a bit with the css positioning and styling to get it right for your particular needs.

ALSO, you will need to create your own background images, or borrow some images from another template – such as JA Business or JA Social – for the dropdown login/registration boxes

1. Open templatesja_teline_ivblockstopbar.php and add this code at the bottom:

<?php if($this->countModules('ja-login')) : ?>
    <div id="ja-headtools" class="ja-headtool">
    <ul>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="ja-login" />
    </ul>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

2. Open templatesja_teline_ivtemplateDetails.xml, add this into the positions list:

<position>ja-login</position>

3. Download and install Ja Login module
    FOR J1.5

FOR J1.6

4. Go to Module Manager and assign JA Login to position “ja-login” …. SAVE

5. Open templatesja_teline_ivcsstemplate.css, add this to the end:

/* Headtools ---*/
    #ja-headtools {
    position: absolute;
    right: 15px;
    top: 5px;
    }

#ja-headtools ul {
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    white-space: nowrap;
    }

#ja-headtools li {
    background: none;
    display: inline;
    line-height: normal;
    margin: 0;
    }

#ja-headtools li a {
    display: block;
    color: #fff;
    margin-left: 5px;
    padding-bottom: 4px;
    }

#ja-headtools li a span { display: block; padding: 2px 5px 2px 24px; }

#ja-headtools li a.login-switch span {
    background: url(../images/icons/icon-user.png) no-repeat 5px 2px;
    }

#ja-headtools li a.register-switch span {
    background: url(../images/icons/icon-register.png) no-repeat 5px 2px;
    }

#ja-headtools li a.login-switch.show span {
    background-image: url(../images/icons/icon-user-show.png);
    }

#ja-headtools li a.register-switch.show span {
    background-image: url(../images/icons/icon-register-show.png);
    }

#ja-headtools li a:hover {
    background: url(../images/arrow-hover-90cw.png) no-repeat 10px center;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

#ja-headtools li a.show {
    background: url(../images/arrow-up.gif) no-repeat center bottom;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1000;
    }

#ja-headtools li a.show span {}

#ja-headtools li a.show span { display: block; }

#ja-user-register, #ja-user-login {
    background: url(../images/ja-login-bg.gif) repeat-x left bottom #fff;
    border: 1px solid #A1D5E9;
    color: #333;
    display: none;
    height: auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 10px 15px;
    position: absolute;
    right: -15px;
    text-align: left;
    top: 21px;
    z-index: 999;
    border-radius: 5px;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
    box-shadow: 0 3px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.4);
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 3px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.4);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 3px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.4);
    }

#ja-user-login .ja-login-user,
    #ja-user-login .ja-login-password,
    #ja-user-login .mod_login_remember {
    width: 145px;
    display: block;
    }

#ja-user-login .button,
    #ja-user-register .button {
    color: #fff;
    background: url(../images/button_bg.png) 0 50% repeat-x #238db4;
    border: 1px solid #238db4;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 1px #4a4a4a;
    }

#ja-user-login .button:hover,
    #ja-user-register .button:hover {
    border: 1px outset #fff;
    }

.ja-login-links {
    margin-top: 10px;
    }

#ja-headtools .ja-login-links a {
    color: #238db4;
    }

#ja-headtools li a.logout-switch {
    display: inline;
    float: none;
    margin-left: 3px;
    }

DONE . . . . Now the remaining work is customizing the its style to fit your JA Teline IV based website.

As of the date the following screen-captures were taken, my site is still very much a work-in-progress, but these should give you an idea of the kind of basic results you can expect.

😎

barologist Friend

Tom,

This is perfect. can I have you look at http://www.barfactory.com and let me know what tweaks I need to make so the login and register mods look correct? Also, the “login” and Register” links are at the top but they are white so you cannot see them on the site. Is there an easy way to hardcode the color to black?

Thanks!

barologist Friend

Tom,

I was able to change the link color to black, but I can’t seem to get the layout of the “login” and “create an account” drop down boxes to look right.

TomC Moderator

<em>@barologist 260183 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom,

I was able to change the link color to black, but I can’t seem to get the layout of the “login” and “create an account” drop down boxes to look right.</blockquote>

I’m still working on mine as well – though intermittently as I work on other aspects I consider a bit more important in the immediate. Nevertheless, it’s more than likely a css spacing/positioning issue with regard to the elements within the “login” drop down box.

Lastly, I too am working on a fix for the “z-index” issue – as my main nav menu items on the right are showing through the dropdown box as well. Admittedly, I kind of put this particular issue aside (for my own project) until a later date (closer to launch). Nevertheless, YOUR site is important and I will work on this issue immediately to provide you (and, consequently, myself) with a solution.

🙂

barologist Friend

Tom,

Could I make it so the “login” link poped up the “Hello Me” module from jomsocial for user login and then the register link just redirect to the registration page of jomsocial?

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@barologist 260387 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom,

Could I make it so the “login” link poped up the “Hello Me” module from jomsocial for user login and then the register link just redirect to the registration page of jomsocial?

Thanks!</blockquote>
    I am quite sure that the ja-login module/code can be modified to accomplish this . . . though I ‘m not 100% certain how to accomplish this. (perhaps I will elicit the assistance from one of my “more skilled than I” coder comrades to assist). 😎

barologist Friend

Checking back on this. Thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@barologist 262144 wrote:</em><blockquote>Checking back on this. Thanks!</blockquote>
    From what I have researched and been told by my fellow JA Support Team, that is a feature that appears to be available via a JomSocial module – mod_hellome. Not sure if you are a JomSocial member/subscriber.

I am also not certain whether or not there may be a similar module available via the Joomla Extension Directory, but it is certainly worth the time to look through the relative listings and see – yes? 🙂

Be sure to let us know what you find.

barologist Friend

Hey Tom,

I am a jomsocial member and do have the hello me module. I’m just not sure how to make it pop out like the ja_login module currently does on my site.

Thanks!

barologist Friend

Reaching back out to see if anyone can help with the CSS of the ja_login module on http://www.barfactory.com ( top right of page). Or is there an easy way to implement the same sort of login/ register function on the joomlart site?

Thanks.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You want to replace the joomla login module on your site with Jomsocial hello me module ?

Regards

Manos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum