Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Please refer to the following screenshot:

As in the figure marked wiht red.
    Can I bring the login form up and remove the navigation next to banner (flashy effect)?

secondly,

In the above figure, I am showing a newsflash item in the frontpage. It shows at two places. I want only the top one and not the bottom one. If I disable, both items disappear. How can I remove the one at the bottom? I tried looking at index.php. Couldn’t udnerstand where the codes were.

Thirdly,
    overall I would like to darken the font color. If I make the text in bold, it appears dark. I wish to have that color for standard text throughout layout (content, menu items etc). Where can I make that change?

Please.!

Please help me out.

Thank you,

drb

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

anybody? please?

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello drb07,

1: Yes, go to modules – site modules in Joomla backend. You can there see “main menu” and “log in” modules. You can easily switch positions with this either by using the blue “arrows” or by adding a number and then click on the “sort” button. You can also unpublish the main menu from here should you want this? If anything is unclear let me know.

2: You can choose to “show on frontpage” or not. You don’t have to unpublish. If you “cross out” for not showing on the frontpage, the “newsflash” will not show on the front page. Make sure you “cross out” all newsflashes from showing on front page ( as there might be more than 1 of them set to show on frontpage ) You can also see this by going to the “Content – Fron page manager…

3: As I don’t have the css file in front of me I am not sure which lines you would have to change but I would assume that you would have to change this pretty much “all over” the css file. The font used will be located in your templates/ja_antares/css/template_css.css file. This file contains all css information, font size, font type and so on. Perhaps someone else with the file in front of them can give you better directions?

Good luck!

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

Thanks so much Erik,

1. I could not resolve it. I tried putting login form as header position. It sat on top of the banner and made it small. I want to remove that extra menu (i found the codes in index.php under top story comments) and put login form there. I am not sure which option to choose, definitely not header I guess.

2. Wonderful. I feel silly as the option was right there. I was tweaking so many things elsewhere. Thanks.

3. I’ll keep looking for it.

NEW problem:
    Sometimes, color changes for the layout is not working in my browser. It shows default blue color. Other stuff like wide, auto layout, font size etc are working. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks so much again. I am done with my layout tweaking except for the above 2 issues.

please let me know.

drb

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Balaji Ramanathan 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum