Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi @ninja Lead

You closed my other thread without a solution so I have created this one. See other forum post at https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/header-jumping-when-using-sticky/

I also see the dev team have marked as fixed, but there is no update and this problem exists on all Uber sites still!!!!!!! See http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/UBER-538 19th May apparently it was fixed!

I need a fix ASAP for my site!

Also you need to release an update so all other JA members don’t have this problem.

Thanks, Richard

PS – updated admin url

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

I checked the URL of your site but I could not see the jump is working well on your site. Have you solved it?

Regards

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @ninja Lead

Here is a video of the error (taken today) using Google Chrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jl1b9J2SbA

Please note: you may have to scroll down the page a little for the error to happen.

Thanks,
    Richard

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Richard,

That’s not a bug from header sticky bar on your site.

• Before clicking the menu of your site, it loads register/login bar and search form by default site

• After clicking the menu: it will load search form(like popup) and hidden current header bar includes register/login bar and search form

Regards

1. before
    2. after
    gringo211985 Friend

Hi @ninja Lead,

I’m not sure what you are saying here.

Are you saying that I can not use modules in the topbar because they will load before the menu?

If yes then what is the point in offering a topbar that can’t be used with modules?

Please can you explain?

Thanks,
    Richard

Ninja Lead Moderator

Are you saying that I can not use modules in the topbar because they will load before the menu?

I couldn’t say that you can add the module under header bar but the header bar before and after clicking on menu icon is different.

gringo211985 Friend

So how do I fix this???

I tried disabling the search module and the exact same thing happens!!!

Ninja Lead Moderator

I tried disabling the search module and the exact same thing happens!!!

Do you want to disable search module when you click menu icon?

gringo211985 Friend

I want the topbar to not move when I open and close the off-canvas menu. (so it doesn’t jump around)

I tried disabling the search module and the same bug happens, I will take a recording of it now for you.

gringo211985 Friend

Before clicking the menu of your site, it loads register/login bar and search form by default site After clicking the menu: it will load search form(like popup) and hidden current header bar includes register/login bar and search form
    Regards

Here is the EXACT same problem, without the search module enabled. So yes it is a problem with the Header and TopBar being sticky! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPkvcbTbsOg

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have reopened the bug here and development team will check that directly on your site.

gringo211985 Friend

Thanks Ninja,

Please can we make sure that this is dealt with quickly, this is a live site and the bug has been known for a few months already.

Thanks,
    Richard

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Richard,

Our dev is checking the problem on your site but when they change the PHP file directly on your site but it does not effect immediately maybe your hosting is enabling cache, please disable the caching on your hosting. Our dev will continue to investigate this bug.

Regards

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Ninja,

I have disabled the cache.

Thanks,
    Richard

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @ninja Lead

I have figured out how to fix this error, it needs to be implemented to the ACM tmpl files for both "header" and "bar". This fix may require new blocks that are specifically sticky for example "header style 1 sticky" = "header style 1" but is the sticky version.

What needs to be done:

1. Remove the "affix" class from scripts and html markup in both the header + bar tmpl files (the "affix" class is causing problems)
    2. Use CSS position fixed to both elements

See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJO1xkeowu8&feature=youtu.be

I am not 100% sure of how you are calling the "affix" class, it seems you have added Javascript and PHP for this, so you guys will need to look into this.

I would also appreciate if you can test on your demo site as my site is live and has visitors nearly 24/7. All you have to do is publish a sticky header and sticky bar and you will replicate this issue.

We are now close to a solution, I have basically solved this for you, all you have to do is implement the changes, release an update for the ACM and we are done!

Thanks,
    Richard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum