Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 200 total)
  • Author

Good news
    My proposal is more support for RTL option and modules RTL ,
    support K2 component and K2 modules
    Thank you very much

Laura Rubino Friend

Minimize the use of mootools and javascript. I know its too much to ask but that would be a step in the right direction.

jamjodesign Friend

ok so i think this would be a great feature and something I think everyone would appreciate as after all most of the uses for this kind of website will be for small niche type news websites. I think some kind of integration of the Joomlart Google maps plugin would be great on each article. For example if you write an article that you can geo locate it for local based news websites. I am specifically thinking of the likes of patch.com here with its local specific news articles which are all tagged on a handy to use map that is located in a module position. Please look at this link on patch.com: http://bridgewater.patch.com/

On patch.com you will see that on each article as you click into the article you will get its location on a map – very cool for a news website and I am sure if this was integrated somewhere clever on each article – it would be a massive edition to a news portal and separate it from the crowd a little. Any thoughts on this from others??

padunic Friend

Hi,

i found this rss agregator that use Drupal core and some people are using like a module of Drupal.
    If you change to work with Joomla it could be a great, great and great future to Teline 4: http://managingnews.com/

ManagingNews its amazing rss agregator with map that show where come from the news.

Regards.

corinaw Friend

Build Teline IV for speed from the ground up.

Offer a core teline without all the bells and whistles. Make the bells and whistles available by plugin for example to not have head.php always look for cufon. Minimize DNS look ups such as using one css. Use css colors rather than the 20 images is has now. Make all javascript fast and always in external files.

wombat1 Friend

So i am just another vote but i use Teline iii to publish a widely read online newspaper, which is its purpose, and several of the suggestions worry me while other obvious improvementes are not even mentioned

Lets not forget Teline iii is a NEWSPAPER and not magazine style template, you cant fill both needs at the same time, by trying to implement some magazine features you take away from the magazine features and vice versa, a mash will be just that.

So here goes …

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT make this K2 reliant, the reason i chose this template in the first place is its usage of core Joomla articles.
    Besides with Joomla 1.6 right about here dev on K2 is plain stupid. Same as templating for K2 or Jomsocial, I owuld love templating for Jomsocial included but unless its updated with each new Jomsocial version its stupid too. Although if it is updated Jomsocial theming would be perfect.

Speed is the obvious main choice for all, so if that means replacing or at the very least updating the News modules on the front page, then that should be a major concern too.

Something very few people mention is a more streamlined workflow for authors and publishers, so support for Joomla 1.6 which would allow these improvements is high on the list also.

Some people like the round corners, i dont, once again the newspaper feel would be lost, so if it is implemented leave an option to have either round or sharp.

Either replace external (Disqus ID etc) comments with JA Comments or allow the user to use the one they prefer.

Lastly but not least, much better implementation of video features.

Oh and * im so worried it will go K2, please leave an option with great styling for Joomla articles if K2 route is chosen. Swtiching to K2 then back to Joomla 1.6 native articles would be a major concern for a proper newspaper type enterprise with many articles a day.

This is the market Teline iv is aimed at right? Act accordingly i say.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hello Guys,

Good suggestions and thanks a lot for your time. The thread is very much on the radar of the team. As with the teline series, this one is going to be a big project and will be the best excuse the upgrade the extensions to work with k2 alteast, which would be beneficial to other templates too using the same modules.

Directly or indirectly this one is very beneficial to JA users.

@wombat1 >> Recent templates support K2, but not on the frontpage. The frontpage is still Core joomla. So i dont think you need to worry about K2 and core articles. Its just that the users using K2 will be able to integrate it well with the extensions.
    Only if it is planned that ways. Lets see what the design and development team decide upon.

Arvind

wombat1 Friend

I know its not the thrust of the thead, but i would like to say this.
    I chose Teline iii after an exhaustive study of all Jooma Newspaper templates. I see a lot of people complaining about the problems they have had but no one saying what i consider an inescapable truth.
    This is the BEST template you can use for an online news paper, the design is a perfect balance between beautiful and functional that does something very few templates do, it appeals to everybody.
    Sure its not the easiest template to set up, but then it addresses a need that is quite complex and it does this with EASE.

I guess my previous message was a little too direct perhaps, its just that it would be sad to see Teline iv deviate from what made Teline iii so good in the first place.

One final request that i think everyone really would appreciate is, make it as easy as possible to upgrade from Teline iii to Teline iv and same for whatever major components will use Teline iv styling, for example maybe Jomsocial or K2.

uniquebiz Friend

++++++++++++++++
    Mod Edit Note :

Original Message deleted by Arvind (JA Moderator)

We had asked for suggestions on feature inclusion for the Teline IV. Not your regular rant against JA and its policies or setup.

Hope you have read the PM well this time.

Arvind
    +++++++++++++++++

smitheringale Friend

Having had a look at a dozen of the best newspaper websites in the UK and America online – there is not a single one that has a better design than teline iii in my opinion

My suggestion would be substantially keep with the look and feel of teline iii – but perhaps make it easier to remove potentially unwanted elements such as the date and time – obviously to have a megamenu option for the main navigation and perhaps have a different (yet compelling) way of presenting featured news articles – with or without pictures on the front page.

wombat1 Friend

I believe the message i posted just now was irrelevant however i am not sure how to delete this message, if a kind soul could help me out. Thanks

Manos Moderator

I think that this is for the member uniquebiz and not for you.

wombat1 Friend

lol you guys are quick, it was a half minute when i realised this and tried to edit the original lol, thanks for the heads up anyways.

<em>@pascm 190117 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think that this is for the member uniquebiz and not for you.</blockquote>

wombat1 Friend

Administrative options for setting locale would help with the time and date elements.
    I agree with Smitheringale, Teline iii is so good lets hope it isnt changed much at all, if anything rather than changed, added to, would be good.

The obvious flaws should be attended to. These include an external commenting system which hobbles loading times unduly and for those of us that do not use english, Intense Debate and Disqus are seriously non pro since they do not deign it important to translate their modules fully, and we are left with totally unprofessional looking comments. JA News modules which whilst awesome could do with some polishing, in particular regarding the number of calls to database, and better administrative options that should use simpler interface elements to deal with IDs instead of manually inputting them, rearranging categories etc.

Lastly and importantly, considering most Newspaper style sites use classifieds and advertisements in order to survive, it would be a potentially good idea to add styling for a Joomla classifieds extension of note (perhaps Listbingo – non commercial) and or a third party component (for example iJoomla Ad agency – Commercial) that allows for selling and placement of ads. Styling for extensions particularly applicable to Newspaper management would probably garner the new template a certain degree of notoriety within the sector.

<em>@smitheringale 190026 wrote:</em><blockquote>Having had a look at a dozen of the best newspaper websites in the UK and America online – there is not a single one that has a better design than teline iii in my opinion

My suggestion would be substantially keep with the look and feel of teline iii – but perhaps make it easier to remove potentially unwanted elements such as the date and time – obviously to have a megamenu option for the main navigation and perhaps have a different (yet compelling) way of presenting featured news articles – with or without pictures on the front page.</blockquote>

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@wombat1 190115 wrote:</em><blockquote>I believe the message i posted just now was irrelevant however i am not sure how to delete this message, if a kind soul could help me out. Thanks</blockquote>

That was for uniquebiz.. i deleted his msg and added that Mod Note….. Will add my name into it… to avoid further confusion.

<em>@pascm 190117 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think that this is for the member uniquebiz and not for you.</blockquote>

Thanks pascm.

Arvind

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 200 total)

This topic contains 200 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  vedouze 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum