Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am using Joomlart template dravity, which is lovely and i am using it to build an intranet. I am dying to use community builder. I already have my 1.5.3 and 1.5.2 in the legacy mode to accomodate a newsletter module i am trying out…maybe won’t need if i use cb. anyway, should i just give it up and not use community builder? i am committed to 1.5.x and to my great template…the latest reviewer of cb on extensions.joomla.org says it’s working great in legacy mode…but i am afraid based on the other reviews.

does anyone here have any experience with cb 1.1 with joomla 1.5 or higher in the legacy mode ?

i would love to get your feedback. thanks !!:

TomC Moderator

I can’t believe the developers of Community Builder – as widely as it is used throughout the Joomla community – haven’t been able to get on the ball and upgrade the component for Joomla 1.5.x

Seriously, what’s their problem?

Menalto Friend

If it it was me i would drop CB and use 1.5.3 or use 1.0.15 and CB.
    If i was the dev at CB i would try to fix it asap so you could run in normal with 1.5

TomC Moderator

<em>@Menalto 51615 wrote:</em><blockquote>If it it was me i would drop CB and use 1.5.3 or use 1.0.15 and CB.
    If i was the dev at CB i would try to fix it asap so you could run in normal with 1.5</blockquote>
    Seriously . . . . and although I haven’t been to the CB message boards, I have to think that many a person there has been clammering for the 1.5 native upgrade. I’m no programmer by any means, but how hard can it be to upgrade the existing code?

Menalto Friend
    ellie_t Friend

Thank you for your advice. Rumor was that 1.2 was coming out in April so I have been holding off on my development, but if I wait any longer, I will never meet my deadline….building an intranet…I will shoot for 1.5.3 and try to find appropriate extensions. I am new at this and hoped CB would save me the struggle of finding those separate extensions…

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

I received some info that Nant and his team decided to release CB 1.2 (which comes with Joomla 1.5 full support) just for DOC Subscribers in the early start of April… So doc subscribers have the latest CB in their hands.

It is supposed to be released to the public very soon (less than a month).

ellie_t Friend

wow. thanks….i will join right now.
    thanks.

ellie_t Friend

well, that was a waste of cash that i don’t have…i saw nothing different in the download area…

once again the loser proves to be nothing but one.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ellie_t 51742 wrote:</em><blockquote>well, that was a waste of cash that i don’t have…i saw nothing different in the download area… once again the loser proves to be nothing but one.</blockquote>
    What are you talking about?

ellie_t Friend

‘I received some info that Nant and his team decided to release CB 1.2 (which comes with Joomla 1.5 full support) just for DOC Subscribers in the early start of April… So doc subscribers have the latest CB in their hands.’

this does not seem to be the case as i paid for a subscription…and it’s not available to me.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ellie_t 51808 wrote:</em><blockquote>’I received some info that Nant and his team decided to release CB 1.2 (which comes with Joomla 1.5 full support) just for DOC Subscribers in the early start of April… So doc subscribers have the latest CB in their hands.’

this does not seem to be the case as i paid for a subscription…and it’s not available to me.</blockquote>
    Nant is with the COMMUNITY BUILDER Development Team, not the JoomlART Development Team
    JoomlART has nothing to do with Community Builder releases.

ellie_t Friend

Yes, I know, I was talking about a CB subscription, and they don’t have anything available for their subscribers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ellie_t 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum