Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I renewed my developer’s membership for the specific reason that I would now have access to Gavick templates as well as Joomlart.

WHEN exactly is that going to occur?

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Anonymous Moderator

I renewed my developer’s membership for the specific reason that I would now have access to Gavick templates as well as Joomlart. WHEN exactly is that going to occur?

It looks like there’s a misunderstanding here. We never stated that member who renewed developer membership can access Gavick templates.
    Only people who bought the recent Halloween treat get access to Gavick.

card1concepts Friend

Then what is this? Becuase it is VERY misleading and I would not have renewed my membership otherwise?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  card1concepts.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  JA Developer.

1. Screen-Shot-2017-10-26-at-9.57.34-PM

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Brandon,

Please tell us where we mentioned that renewals or any purchase at Joomlart will get access to gavick at this stage? Yes, the access to gavick is on the cards for Joomlart users in the next 1-2 weeks but for now we have not mislead nor have said that it is available.

The Halloween promo talks clearly about the specific JA and GA plan on offer.

The access to gavick products will be made available at a token price, we otherwise would not be able to handle the support requests arising out of free access without compromising on support quality.

card1concepts Friend

I provide where this is mentioned on your site as a screenshot with the message highlited in a red box and can be found on this page ( https://www.joomlart.com/blog/joomlart-acquires-gavick-com ). The wording of that is very misleading and vague and implies as a member I would have access to these templates?

On October 23, I reached out to you about this and got a response from a rep named Niki who wrote to me the following.

Currently we are working on a solution regarding Gavick so active Joomlart member can benefit from it. Please give us some time to update as technically we only had access to Gavick site last week so there are still some things we need to sort out first.

Thank you for your understanding. When there’s any new update we will let you know via email.

So then I reached out to you with a support ticket and was told that I would have to pay another $89 on top of my discounted developer renewal fee of $210 in order to gain access to Gavick themes.

This completely contradicts what Niki wrote to me and I would not have renewed my developer membership if I knew you would be trying to squeeze another $89 out of me, which coincidently happens to be what was discounted to me for renewing my membership.

So what’s the deal here? Do I get access to Gavick themes with my developer membership or not, because your statement on your website implies I do.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Anonymous Moderator

Hi Brandon,

In both our blog post and the answer you quoted, we meant to say the same thing. Gavick access will be available made for Joomlar users, that has always been our intention. I think the confusion here is you were under impression that the access would be totally free.

As Arvind mentioned above, the access to gavick products will be made available at a token price, we otherwise would not be able to handle the support requests arising out of free access without compromising on support quality.

If you want to be able to access both Joomlart & Gavick products now, you can either purchase the Halloween special treat or one of the options at Gavick site.

card1concepts Friend

What you have posted about this whole situation is completely confusing and IS misleading and in a sense FALSE ADVERTISING. Why would you word it in such a way that Joomlart users would have access to Gavick products and ramp it up in such a way that it makes it appear as though existing joomlart users would be "Benefiting" form it? BUT then not state that they would have to pay extra for it? THAT is what I have a real problem with here. You’re trying to make it sound like we would be benefiting in some way as an existing user from you acquiring Gavick, but then turn around and try to hit me up for more money after the fact?

I certainly would NOT have renewed my developer membership if you would have CLEARLY stated that there would be an additional fee to access them and would have most likely just purchased access to the Gavick themes. And what I also don’t understand is that you’re basically asking me for the additional $89 to access them, that I would have normally had to pay if it were not for my renewal discount?

I just feel like your yanking my chain on all of this and trying to blow over this issue. At this point, the only VALUE I found in renewing my developer membership with you was the addition of Gavick pros themes. And I still can’t find any clear way of achieving that even if I wanted my money back on my developer’s membership so that I can, in turn, pay for the themes I actually wanted access to.

Even your "Halloween special" was NOT clear on what that included nor can I find anything about it now on your site?

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

card1concepts Friend

Hello again,

I am not trying to make a lot of waves here…. But I am trying to understand all these confusing contradictions.

Please help me understand the attached screenshot of your new pricing plan posted on the Gavick website. It says $299 for a lifetime developers access which ALSO includes access to the Joomlart Dev plan.

What am I confused on is how this would be any different than me RENEWING my existing Joomlart dev membership that I got a renewal discount for?

1. Screen-Shot-2017-10-30-at-11.25.13-AM

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Anonymous Moderator

Hi Brandon,

The dev plan at Gavick costs $299. You paid $210 recently so if you want to have the Dev plan at Gavick also, you can simply pay extra $89.

card1concepts Friend

Your missing my point here in that I paid $210 for a JA developer membership because of the renewal discount. YET you claim that my JA developer membership does not include access to Gavick Pro templates and it is not a lifetime membership.

Yet on the flip side, over at Gavick you are offering lifetime access to both JA and Gavick.

And so what your trying to tell me is because I happened to take advantage of a renewal discount that I do not have access to Gavick content?

So the real question here is if a NEW (Not repeat customer as myself) goes and purchases a JA Developer membership at the full $299 that they would, in fact, have access to Gavick content? And if your answer is no to that question. Than why would anyone purchase a JA Developer membership that they have to renew each year when they can just go to Gavick and pay it once to gain access to both?

This is essentially my issue at this point, in that I would NOT have renewed my JA developer membership if you would have been clear about all this which you are not?

The way I see it is If your offering access to both JA and Gavick on the Gavick site for the same price as just a JA Developer membership on your JA site. But because I took advantage of a renewal discount you feel I should pay another $89 which happens to be the amount of the discount?

In what way does that make any sense or make for good customer retention?

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Anonymous Moderator

Hello,

Joomlart.com & Gavick.com work as separated sites. The sites have diffrent pricing that offer different benefits.
    Your membership is at Joomlart.com and we never advertised at https://www.joomlart.com/pricing/ that you can get free access to Gavick if you buy the Developer membership.

Manes Friend

Wow I am ending to this discussion while searching how I can benefit from being a current Joomart user and have access to the gavick templates (as I might need one soon).

Let me say that reading all that discussion looks really bad in terms of customer care/retention/respect (doesn’t matter how you call it). In fact Brandon Cardon is completely right as it seems that in the situation that Joomlart acquire Gavick business, it seems like the users of gavick will get more benefits than joomlart users which sounds really odd in my point of view.

So here comes the question. I am a current joomlart user (JATC Standard Membership) how should I proceed to get access to the Gavick Joomla templates at a special price as it is stated in your announcement of 4 Oct. 2017 (which seems to have changed since your discussion with Mr. Cardon If I rely on the screen shots he provided) :

"Benefits for JoomlArt’s users : Certainly our existing users (including JomSocial and iJoomla) would be benefiting with this new addition and they would be able to access the huge template collection of Gavick’s at discounted rates, as we roll out exclusive internal promotions in the coming weeks."

I also have to say that I was a gavick customer and my account seems to have been just erase as my credentials are no longer valid…

Thank you for letting me know how to proceed then.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Manes.
    Anonymous Moderator

@encretpixel We will send details via emails to current active users of Joomlart next week regarding Gavick access. Please stay tuned.

If you have any additional question, please contact our sales department at sales@joomlart.com .

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

The emails are being sent to all active JA users for the special discount to access Gavick products. We never said that the access to network sites will be free, it is just not practical and will only burden the support system.
    We have been through this when we offered Page Builder free to current users and also to Jomsocial users. This is not about extracting more money, that is not how JoomlArt works.

Gavick or iJoomla or JomSocial do belong to the same company that owns JoomlArt but all these business’s are still governed by their own policies and pricing plans. We are in the process of integrating these business’s under one roof, so as to offer more value to our users across.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum