Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hello

i tried to insert an fullsize image as background in purity III.
    can someone Point me in the right direction in which css-file (bootstrap/template/ect.) the code has to be places.

would this be the right code or do I have to Change something?

<blockquote>background: url(images/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
    -webkit-background-size: cover;
    -moz-background-size: cover;
    -o-background-size: cover;
    background-size: cover;</blockquote>

thank you very much in advance for your help
    william

TomC Moderator

What is the image you are wanting to use?

Kloeckner Friend

hi Tom
    the Image is a jpg: 1980x1322px

is that what you meant?
    William

TomC Moderator

What is the correct image path for the image you want to use?

Also, have you given any of the alternative CSS methods FOUND HERE[/url] a try?

Kloeckner Friend

<em>@TomC 420013 wrote:</em><blockquote>What is the correct image path for the image you want to use?

the imagepath is: http://www.domain.(de)/images/bg.jpg

Also, have you given any of the alternative CSS methods FOUND HERE[/url] a try?</blockquote>

An yes, I tried from the samples (that is where i got my sample code from to play with…). But again – what is the correct css-file to write the code in???
    My problem is, that i still don´t understand the structure of the css-files. Is there any guide which explains the different css-files (template.css, bootstrap.css, off-canvas.css, megamenu.css, eg.) I can´t find Information about it…
    joomlart wiki seems to be down?

thanks william

thanks william

Saguaros Moderator

Hi William,

With Purity III template – which is built with new T3 framework, it’s recommended to add your custom CSS code into file /templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css (if this file isn’t existing in your site now, just create it)

Best,

TomC Moderator

William:

Have the above suggestions been of help to you?

Kloeckner Friend

<em>@TomC 420397 wrote:</em><blockquote>William:

Have the above suggestions been of help to you?</blockquote>

hi Tom
    that was it! thank you very much for looking into it…
    rgds from Bavaria
    william

joomlart101 Friend

Hi Tom, it doesn’t work for me. using Purity 3 i Just want a a bckgrd Pic for all sites. I copied the code from virtual24 and put it in the custom css file. it didn#t work out.

background: url(images/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover;

dont i need a selector or some stuff before that? i tried *{ … } but that didn#t work also. i cant provide passwd and url cause’ it’s installed locally @ the moment. can you help me?

btw the link you posted in your comment is down, so i couldn’t try that before asking.

Saguaros Moderator

You can update your site’s URL here so I will have a look.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum