Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to edit content of type "event" in the frontend (like regular content)?

pavit Moderator

Hi there

It works fine by my side, which problem are you encountering ?

1. Screenshot_2-3
    kickoffno1 Developer

The little "edit" button is missing like the regular articles have (and the masshead in the screenshot).

I have the default "event list" acm and from there I opened an event. Template layout is salmon with sub-layout default-content-left. I assume it has something to do with the "html" override from charity template for joomla content.

1. event
    pavit Moderator

HI

did you checked user permissions ?

is your user logged in authorized to edit articles ?

kickoffno1 Developer

Yes, because the user is able to edit regular content. The "edit" button is also not available in event list acm module, which is used to list all events. Regular content lists like the blog listing have the edit button.

pavit Moderator

I cannot replicate your problem as i showed in my previous screenshot-

I logged in with a super user account from frontend and everything works fine so it is not a template issue.

kickoffno1 Developer

I opened the some article with a different template and it gives the the edit link for editing the content. So it’s definetely something with the template.

kickoffno1 Developer

If I delete /templates/ja_charity/html/com_content/article/default.php, the edit button is displayed (of course layout changes, which I don’t want). Maybe this gives a hint.

kickoffno1 Developer

Maybe something like <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.icons', array('params' => $params, 'item' => $this->item, 'print' => false)); ?> is missing?

pavit Moderator

Hi

As i showed above in my screenshot , i tested frontend editing with a local installation of the quickstart version of the template and the everything works fine, template style layout included . so since i cannot replicate the issue i don’t think something is missing. you can try yourself installing a quickstart version of the template and test the editing with a super user account .
    or maybe you will need to update your template version or JAT3 Framework version to the latest released.

kickoffno1 Developer

Coming back to the issue, I installed the quickstart package. I still do not get edit icon to open frontend editor. Your screenshot already shows the editor, but not how you got there. I attached screenshot of an event article, even though logged in as admin, no edit button shows up.

1. charity
    pavit Moderator

Ok reply to this topic as private and provide your backend credentials and i will have a look at it

kickoffno1 Developer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    pavit Moderator

Hi

I logged in from front end and edited your event article, if articles are blocked in backend you cannot edit them on frontend

1. Screenshot_29
    2. Screenshot_30
    3. Screenshot_31
    kickoffno1 Developer

Thanks for logging in, but I hacked the default.php template content file so that the edit links were displayed again:

<?php if ($canEdit || $params->get(‘show_print_icon’) || $params->get(‘show_email_icon’)) : ?>
    <?php echo JLayoutHelper::render(‘joomla.content.icons’, array(‘params’ => $params, ‘item’ => $this->item, ‘print’ => false)); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

Added that in /templates/ja_charity/html/com_content/article/default.php (I feel this should be added to the template)

But I didn’t get to manage to have the editing icons in the event list (when you click on "Kurse" or "Veranstaltungen").

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum