Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have long hesitated over what version of the Joomla! I build my new site. Joomla 1.6 won for better performance. But now the problem. Even though I won the Joomla! 1.6, but JoomlArt Teline template IV for Joomla! 1.6 “is not as good” as a template for JoomlArt Teline IV for Joomla! 1.5 JoomlArt Teline Template IV for Joomla! 1.5 has a font Arial Narrow, which I very much (that you really succeeded), a nice font (already because of him I chose this template).
    Please update you JoomlArt Teline IV for Joomla! 1.6 of this font and elements in the template JoomlArt Teline IV for Joomla! 1.5 and not just in Teline IV for Joomla! 1.6.
    I would be very grateful.
    Thank you very much

Sherlock Friend

hi elbarto,

Can you let me know which part in the template IV that you see a font Arial Narrow and it is missing in the template IV for Joomla! 1.6 ?
    if you can attach a screenshot that would be great,i will check and if this is a problem I will forward it to the developer for fixing.

Bart Friend

Hi,
    sorry for late. Here I attach a screen screens (the demo on your server – I did not want to install it on my website – it’s exactly the same). I’m concerned about support for font Arial Narrow in the template JA Teline IV for Joomla 1.6 The thing that I am Czech and I unfortunately do not display fonts correctly Google diacritical marks (not displayed at all) so I want to Arial Narrow, which wonderfully displays the Czech characters. I enclose a picture with a difference for Joomla 1.5 and 6.1
    show here for reports on which characters are to me at all (you can find them only in Czech – another language is simply not). Here are the specific signs for Czech: ě, š, č, ř, ž, ý, á, í, é, ó, ú, ď, ť, ň, ů
    More on Wikipedia.
    Thank you.

1. JA_TELINE_IV_Joomla1.5_font
    2. JA_TELINE_IV_Joomla1.6_font
    Sherlock Friend

Hi elbarto,

Could you please post here your site where the problem can be seen ? I would like to take a look at the problem to detect exactly what is the issue !

Bart Friend

This is my website (Teline IV J1.6) – different font and demo on JoomlArt Teline IV J.15 – again a different font (this is me in the writing of articles for Teline IV for Joomla 1.5 – I’d like for Teline IV J1.6)

TomC Moderator

Hi elbarto:

May I ask a question? . . . As you mentioned that you very much like the typography within Teline IV for J1.5 – is there any particular reason why you would not want to use Teline IV for J1.5?

:confused:

Bart Friend

Joomla! 1.6 has more potential for me. I think the upgrade to Joomla! Joomla 1.8 from 1.7, will be more trouble than the upgrade from Joomla 1.5 (my opinion). Second, Joomla! 1.6 more sophisticated and has a better framework (although it may contain errors, but I reckon with corrections). Also, there are access rights that I meet.

TomC Moderator

I guess I would have to respectfully disagree (in my opinion) with regard to the comparative level of “sophistication” between J1.5 and J1.6 – especially considering the fact that the vast majority of extensions are not – and will not – be compatible with J1.6 … including K2. However, I am certainly not going to argue with your personal preferences. 😎

Here is a tutorial I wrote on how to utilize virtually any font one wants within one’s website – works very well. Though, at the time I wrote it, it is based on a J1.5 site, I am quite sure you could very easily adapt it for your J1.6 site . . . . . . . . . .

TUTORIAL –
    How To Use @FontFace for Alternative Fonts

Perhaps this may help you with your desired font issue.

😎

Bart Friend

It was only my opinion, again I’m not a guru … So you think it seems it would be better to stick with Joomla! 1.5 and then upgrade to Joomla 1.8? Will it be for Joomla! 1.8 This template is upgraded. I am afraid to upgrade.
    I accept advice someone smarter, better than I and I guess I will not. Give me more reasons for Joomla! 1.5 or 1.6, whatever I decide. How many times I’ve considered everything and came to me Joomla! 1.6. I just do not know, and it bothers me: (.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bart 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum