Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m using JA Zibal on a Joomla 1.5.15 site at this UK Veterans Sunday Football League site.

The site header is the regular JA Zibal sequential image selected from the array of images in a folder. However, I’ve created a module position ‘subheader’ that sits on top of the header and i’ve loaded a module to display in that position that contains an SWF flash file of a rotating 3D crest.

The SWF is created in Flash CS4 and uses and embedded .FLV file with an alpha channel allowing the swf file to have a transparent background. This dsplays as expected in Safari/FFox on Mac OSX, but the swf is not displaying correctly in IE and is affecting the image below.

Can anyone explain to me why this is happening in IE. I’m using JCE Media Manager to insert the SWF into the module, and the underlying code of the flash <object> is displayed below.

<object data="images/stories/flash/lfc_crest_only_embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="float: right; width: 180px; height: 180px; margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 16px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px;" height="180" width="180">
    <param name="src" value="images/stories/flash/lfc_crest_only_embed.swf" />
    <param name="loop" value="false" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <param name="quality" value="best" />
    <param name="scale" value="exactfit" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="base" value="/" />
    <param name="name" value="lfc_crest_only_embed.swf" />
    </object>

I’ve also tried using the following code and it still doesn’t work!:

<object data="images/stories/flash/lfc_crest_only_embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="float: right; width: 180px; height: 180px; margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 16px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px;" height="180" width="180">
    <param name="src" value="images/stories/flash/lfc_crest_only_embed.swf" />
    <param name="loop" value="false" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <param name="quality" value="best" />
    <param name="scale" value="exactfit" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="base" value="/" />
    <param name="name" value="lfc_crest_only_embed.swf" />
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="sameDomain" />
    </object>

Appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Don Lee Friend

Hi,
    It’s hard to check the problem because I have not got IE6 🙂 and think at this time, we really dont need to support IE6 any more. However, you can try to use swfobject instead of the above way to insert flash content into your site, it will work on any browsers I believe 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Don Lee 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum