Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It seems that the image in JA SideNews module was not linked. Could you please make it linkable and link to the full-text article page? Just like the "read more.." link does.

If some user does not like this feature, maybe you can add it as a new option, then they can choose to not enable this feature.

Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

You can try with my tweak here:

• Copy the file: ROOT/modules/mod_jasidenews/tmpl/default.php

and paste into this directory: ROOT/templates/t3_bs3_blank/html/mod_jasidenews/default.php (create directory if it doesn’t exist)

This helps to override the module for template so if you update module in future, this change will not be affected.

• In case that you already have above file in template folder, just open it and look for this code:

<?php if( $showimage ):  ?>
      <?php echo $helper->renderImage ($item, $params, $descMaxChars, $iwidth, $iheight ); ?>
      <?php endif; ?>

replace it with:

<?php if( $showimage ):  ?>
    <a href="<?php echo $item->link; ?>">
        <?php echo $helper->renderImage ($item, $params, $descMaxChars, $iwidth, $iheight ); ?>
    </a>
    <?php endif; ?>
    baijianpeng Friend

Yes, I know a "HTML overriding" can do this job. But I think you should add this feature as a new option, so it will still work even after upgrade this module for several versions. We can not make sure that a "HTML overriding" will still work after many versions of this module’s evolvement, right?

So please add this feature to the module itself.

Thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

I’ve passed to the team for further consideration here: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECMODSIDENEWSJIVI-88

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum