Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,

How to add FB side bar to my pages? Blog, top places?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @mile1950,

Please edit the thread (first post), choose Require Help From Staff + Mod/Admin? then provide your site url with temporary admin account there so I can check this matter for you.

mile1950 Friend

Done

mile1950 Friend

HI
    in destinations please if it is possible on the left side.

If it is possible that in the blog section on the right side I have a list of blogs like on destinations page and Facebook on the left side?

Best regards

Adam M Moderator

Hi @mile1950,

You can navigate to backend >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose the template assign to that page (to check this, navigate to menu item and see the Template Style) >>> switch to tab Layout and change the layout to default (this one has left / right sidebars).

The other point is default layout doesn’t have position slideshow and section-2. You can open file templates/ja_hotel/tpls/default.php and look for this code :

<?php $this->loadBlock('masthead') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('section-1') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody') ?>

and update as below :

<?php $this->loadBlock('masthead') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('slideshow') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('section-1') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('section-2') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody') ?>
    mile1950 Friend

Hi Adam,

I have thinked about it and decided that the best would be like it is in the print screen below. Could you help me do it? I don’t know where to download FB sidebar and how to assign it as well the same articles from the same category.

I would like that this is appearing on my destinations page and as well blog page.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Adam M Moderator

Hi @mile1950,

You can try with 3rd party extensions like Facebook Widget Plus or Advanced Custom Facebook Likebox Widget.

The manual way is to go here, type in your Facebook username and choose appropriate settings to suite you need. Hit the Get Code button >>> create new Custom HTML module in Joomla!, paste the code there (make sure in System >>> Global Configuration >>> Default Editor >>> set to None) and assign the module to page where you want.

mile1950 Friend

Great thank you!

One more thing here it is not published! http://www.essenceofcroatia.com/destinations/106-pula/166-pula-city-guide

How to fix it that is also in the aricles ?

I have already assign it to menu Destinations.

Cheers

Adam M Moderator

Hi @mile1950,

You can check my previous reply in February 4, I mentioned about the Layout. You can navigate to Menus >>> Main Menu >>> Destinations to see which template style was assigned to this page. Then go to Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> choose that template style >>> switch to tab Layout and make sure it has left / right sidebar position.

mile1950 Friend
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @mile1950,

Please recheck the temporary admin account so I can have a look at your setting. Currently, I’m unable to login with the account you provide in first post.

mile1950 Friend

Hi @adam M done, try now.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @mile1950,

Thanks for the info. I checked your site and see that the page Destinations is assigned with template style ja_hotel – Full, this style doesn’t have sidebar position.

Now all pages you want to enable sidebar are child-page of Destinations, so navigate to Template Manager >>> edit style ja_hotel – Full >>> switch to tab Layout >>> scroll down to Sub Layout >>> choose default instead of – Use Default –

mile1950 Friend

Thanks @adam,

how I could add this side bar with articles in my blog as well?

http://www.essenceofcroatia.com/destinations/96-rijeka/139-rijeka-city-guide

You can see it in Rijeka city guide Destination guides is name. In blog I would like that is shows latest articles from blog.

Please let me know

Adam M Moderator

Hi @mile1950,

I still haven’t got your idea yet, could you please clarify a little bit or provide a mockup screeshot about your idea so I can assist you better ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum