Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi

I use JA Bookmark plugin on my site. But whe user Like the article facebook not sharing image from article, but from other modules.
    When I share the link manually on facebook, the picture is correct.

Where is a problem???

Please help me ASAP.

Thank you
    Ervin

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello easypc
    Facebook uses the og: images tag to pick the the images from articles .(open graph meta tags)
    If you have not added these images tags in that case facebook picks randomly any images .
    you can check and scrap your page for FB images on this link >> https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug
    There are some third party extension that use to add og:image tags in your article pages .

useful link

Also you can find some third party extension on JED .
    link

Ing. Ervin Zatko EASY Friend

I use Link with Article Images on Facebook Popular Plugin, it work when I do it manually.
    But problem is with a Like button. In Open Graph Object Debugger I get these infos:

Notice
    Like Button Warnings That Should Be Fixed
    Like Button Tag Missing og:image is missing. The og:image meta tag is necessary for Facebook to render a News Feed story that generates a high click-through rate.

Notice
    Warnings That Should Be Fixed
    Meta with name instead of property The meta tag on the page was specified with name ‘author’, which matches a configured property of this object type. It will be ignored unless specified with the meta property attribute instead of the meta name attribute.

I think the problem is with a JA Bookmark plugin.

Ervin

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello can you share the site page url where you facing this issue .

Ing. Ervin Zatko EASY Friend

I sent for you link in PM.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello i checked your site on facebook debugger tool and i have not found any error regarding the facebook button
    the sharing buttons used in the JA bookmark plugin is from Addthis sharing platform .

+ I found that there is no og:image meta tag in your page , this is the issue facebook showing wrong images .
    Please contact to the >>I Link with Article Images on Facebook Popular Plugin developer to the issue related to the og:image tag .
    without open graph image tag facebook will not pick the correct image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum