Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, i would like to have equal height blocks like the service blog view has. But then in the departments view. I already added "equal-height equal-height-child" to the departments.php file similar to the service.php file but that did not do it. Probably it needs a little more stuff but i don’t know for sure where to look.

Help is greatly appreciated!
    Kind regards

Tom

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    in this view the height is changed with respect to the content height . There is more text it shows the more height .
    You can use a min-height value for the items so all gets same height .
    Try this code in custom.css file to apply min-height

.blog-department .items-row .item {
        min-height: 311px;
    }

Let me know if it helps .

tom_laan84 Friend

Thanks for your reply but this is not what i want or need. Of course i could do that. But that is like putting a bandaid on a broken arm.

The template comes with the possibility to have dynamic equal height of the boxes like on the services view.

I want to know what i need to do to use this in the departments view.

Hard coding a height is not an option.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    the reason behind the class not working because height is handled by the js file and the code is implemented in this way it work with the columns classes that is in the services layout file not for article category module (that use an override on default Joomla articles category module) .
    I tried to make changes but its does not accept it due to the implementation of code is completely different .
    That why i suggest to set a min-height to solve this issue .
    This require pretty custom work in the articles category module file and in js to implement it .
    If you are developer and knows how to code you can see how its implemented in the /html/com_content/category/service.php
    and then make customization in /html/mod_articlescategory/articles-grid.php file
    the js code is defined for equal height column in the /js/script.js

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum