Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi, I installed the Disqus plugin and I’d like to set up the disqus multilanguage functionality. I found out this disqus article, where they explain how to implement a multilanguage disqus environment.

My doubt is that they suggest to insert the following javascript code var disqus_config = function () { this.language = "ru"; }; and I dont know where to put it

I tried to put in backend>extensions>templates>styles>xxxxxxx>custom code the following script script> var disqus_config = function () { this.language = "ru"; }; /script>

But it does’nt works

Any help will be appreciated

Joan

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joan,

I can’t access that article, could you raise the same question for how to apply it into a Joomla site?

xuxo Friend

This is the article —> https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466249-multi-lingual-websites

My question is where (from my joomla/Uber backend) to inject this javascript code in order disqus multilingual functionality to be available

Thanks for your help

Joan

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joan,

You can override / add JS into template via file: templates/ja_template/js/script.js

Regards

xuxo Friend

Hi, thank you for your answer Saguaros

I tried this but unfortunately doesn’t works

I inserted the code as you say (see image) and disqus interface still in spanish.

Any way, you must consider that my website has three languages. The disqus main language is set up to ‘es’ Spanish. So if I add the code like this for the two additional languages …

var disqus_config = function () { 
      this.language = "ca";
    };var disqus_config = function () { 
      this.language = "en";
    };

… the definition will be overrided, doesn’t?

Probably the right place to inject the code is on a per-language place, isn’t?

Thanks in advanced for your advice

Joan

1. java
    Saguaros Moderator

You can send me the FTP account also and tell me the page to check the same. I will take a look.

xuxo Friend

Hi Saguaros you can find FTP credentials in the first post of this thread.

An example of page were disqus is being used is this. You can find disqus comments on the bottom of the page. Using flags in the header you can switch the language.

Thanks in advance for your help

Joan

xuxo Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joan,

You’re using a disqus plugin so that it will inherit settings for language used on your site from this plugin.

Let me check this plugin and will get back to you.

Regards

xuxo Friend

Hi Saguaros, the disqus pluguin I’m using is the one included in the Uber pack.

Joan

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joan,

You can try with suggestion here: https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-setup-disqus-plugin-for-multi-lingual-sites/#post-1012779

Remember to backup your site first.

Regards

xuxo Friend

Hi Saguaros, I’ve no access to see this post. The system is asking me to login but I’m logged on. I don’t know what is going on. Cannot read the post. So, please, do you can copy and paste here?

Thanks for your help

Joan

Saguaros Moderator

No problem, I attach the file in that topic here so you can check.

Backup your site first, then install the attachment file.

xuxo Friend

Hi Saguaros, I downloaded and installed the pluguin but nothing happens. When I switch language to english still disqus is in spanish.

Please, as I cannot see the thread (https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-setup-disqus-plugin-for-multi-lingual-sites/#post-1012779) can you check if there is any installation instructions?

Thanks for your help

Joan

Mr.Cat Moderator

Hi @xuxo,
    Plugin works well. You just config like this. (Check the attachment below).
    Regards!

1. disqus

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Cat 7 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum