Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

How do I display content in the middle & right columns? I am under the impression that content would display across left & right columns if you have no modules enabled in either module position…

I have a Menu Type Item: Article Layout with nothing in the right module, yet the article does not flow to the right….see image:

Incorrect display:

correct display:

Thank you & God bless

1. incorrect-display
    2. correct-display
    gray Friend

The template’s framework has a Layout tab, in which you could adjust columns & modules.
    More information is available in the Guideline.
    Still, not sure it’s possible to make columns to merge which each other with the help of this Layout framework, but for sure it’s possible by hacking index.php

thungrac221 Friend

I don’t know much about the T3 Framework, though it seems powerful & flexible…however, from my understanding, if there is nothing displayed in the right or left module, the main content just expand to fill the space…there’s no “merging”.
    I find it baffling that the same menu setups but the displays are quite different. I just want the display to be like my second image.

I’m slightly hesitant but if I’m shown exactly where in the code, I don’t mind changing it.

Thank you for your reply…

<em>@gray 191866 wrote:</em><blockquote>The template’s framework has a Layout tab, in which you could adjust columns & modules.
    More information is available in the Guideline.
    Still, not sure it’s possible to make columns to merge which each other with the help of this Layout framework, but for sure it’s possible by hacking index.php</blockquote>

1. correct-display
    gray Friend

In Teline III layout/right.php file has such a code
    [php]
    if ($this->countModules(“$right1 + $right2″)):
    ?>
    <div class=”ja-colswrap clearfix <?php echo $this->getColumnWidth(‘cls_r’); ?>”>

<?php if ($this->countModules($right1)): ?>
    <div class=”ja-col <?php echo $cls_right1;?> column”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php echo $right1;?>” style=”JAxhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($this->countModules($right2)): ?>
    <div class=”ja-col <?php echo $cls_right2;?> column”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php echo $right2;?>” style=”JAxhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

</div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/php]
    The meaning is that divs are rendered only if some modules are assigned to right positions.

In T3 framework the approach changed, not it’s managed by layouts. For example, look at the handheld layout – it doesn’t contain left-right sides.

The only issue is that I cannot understand how to link a layout to a menu. In quickstart it’s demonstrating by adding menu items with URL type of link – for example ‘?layouts=right-main-left’

thungrac221 Friend

this is way above my head…what lines of code am I supposed to change…I’m afraid to change something & then mess up the whole site…it happened all the time & I always have to start from scratch again, since I don’t know what I’d messed up.

so with your post…what lines of code am I supposed to modify?

thanks….

<em>@gray 191884 wrote:</em><blockquote>In Teline III layout/right.php file has such a code
    [php]
    if ($this->countModules(“$right1 + $right2″)):
    ?>
    <div class=”ja-colswrap clearfix <?php echo $this->getColumnWidth(‘cls_r’); ?>”>

<?php if ($this->countModules($right1)): ?>
    <div class=”ja-col <?php echo $cls_right1;?> column”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php echo $right1;?>” style=”JAxhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($this->countModules($right2)): ?>
    <div class=”ja-col <?php echo $cls_right2;?> column”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php echo $right2;?>” style=”JAxhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

</div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/php]
    The meaning is that divs are rendered only if some modules are assigned to right positions.

In T3 framework the approach changed, not it’s managed by layouts. For example, look at the handheld layout – it doesn’t contain left-right sides.

The only issue is that I cannot understand how to link a layout to a menu. In quickstart it’s demonstrating by adding menu items with URL type of link – for example ‘?layouts=right-main-left'</blockquote>

Saguaros Moderator

Hello thungrac221!

I have check this issue on our demo, everything works well without any modifying codes, i think that the problem is from the menu asginment. you try to check this issue again: you filter the list of modules following to the “right” position and then you re-check those modules: did they disable for that menu ( called “On Goi” ).

If the problem is not still fixed, plz provide me the adminsitrator account via PM or via Your Ticket, i would like to check this issue in detail

thungrac221 Friend

Ca’m o”n nhie^`u…Thank you very much…it’s exactly as you said…I still don’t quite understand why they were enabled & why they’re empty…but hopefully have more time to learn…

Thank you for responding….God bless….

<em>@tienhc 191986 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello thungrac221!

I have check this issue on our demo, everything works well without any modifying codes, i think that the problem is from the menu asginment. you try to check this issue again: you filter the list of modules following to the “right” position and then you re-check those modules: did they disable for that menu ( called “On Goi” ).

If the problem is not still fixed, plz provide me the adminsitrator account via PM or via Your Ticket, i would like to check this issue in detail</blockquote>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thungrac221 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum