Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am very new to JA Wall, but i am finding it facinating!
    I have been exploring around with JA Wall, and i am wondering,

1. How do i display the wall page with articles sorted by create or modify date rather than hits, as it seems default now.
    2. How do i limit the introduction text for the articles showed on the page.
    3. Is there a way to display the popup according to the width of the image? i.e the popup would resize according to the width of the image?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated! !
      cheers
      -sen
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Q1: You can control the order of article via ‘Article Order’ settings in backend settings of the menu item of page you want. Check screenshot.

Q2: To limit the intro text, you will need to customize a little bit

Go to file: [root]/templates/ja_wall/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

Look for this snippet of code which renders the intro text:

<div class="content item-content">
    <?php echo $introtext; ?>
    </div>

change it to:

<div class="content item-content">
    <?php echo JHtml::_('string.truncate', strip_tags($introtext), 150); ?>
    </div>

150: is the number of words, you can change as you wish.

Q3: As I can see that you’ve already customized the width of the popup window, you should not display associated the width of the image as if that image is too small, it’s hard to show/display the text.

Regards

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Saguaros. Reason: Add file path
    senshine Friend

Thanks for the reply! I will try what you suggest!
    -sen

senshine Friend

Sorr,y which file do i go to, to change the code?

Saguaros Moderator

My bad. The file is: [root]/templates/ja_wall/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum