Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I just want my article on the frontpage to show up exactly how I set it, with the pictures in the position I put them in the article… How do I turn off all of the frontpage formatting and picture resizing stuff?

Its cool that you guys have it set to auto format but heaven forbid if we want to format it differently… 😮

See the attachment… I don’t have a live url to post… and I’m using cooper 1.5

Instead of being smashed against the left side and the picutre blown up to 250×300 i just want it to fill the white space and leave the picture alone.

Thanks

1. problem
    checkmate40 Friend

Found a work around….

I changed my default menu item to be a link to an article item instead of the frontpage blog menu item and reset my extensions to show on that page instead of the default page.

nguyenhuu quang Friend

and turn off Ja_zine
    thats all

ahmetsait Friend

<em>@quang268 122112 wrote:</em><blockquote>and turn off Ja_zine
    thats all</blockquote>
    How can I turn off JA_zine?
    Is it a plugin or what?

:confused:

mayke Friend

<em>@checkmate40 122094 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just want my article on the frontpage to show up exactly how I set it, with the pictures in the position I put them in the article… How do I turn off all of the frontpage formatting and picture resizing stuff?

Its cool that you guys have it set to auto format but heaven forbid if we want to format it differently… 😮

See the attachment… I don’t have a live url to post… and I’m using cooper 1.5

Instead of being smashed against the left side and the picutre blown up to 250×300 i just want it to fill the white space and leave the picture alone.

Thanks</blockquote>

READ THIS :

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/stopping-the-image-resizing-on-opal-template/
    and here thyem all :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/tags.php?tag=resizing

thungrac221 Friend

I have the EXACT problem, but I don’t see why there has to be a hack or work around.
    Joomla is supposed to be easy for those of us who are not programmers, but I find so many problems already w/ Joomla Art templates & I’ve only begun!!!! I don’t have this much problems w/ other templates from Rockettheme or others that I have used!!!!!

Problems of images cropping (JA Sulfur) on the frontpage!!!
    problems w/ content not dsiplaying correctly
    problems w/ banners overlapping….
    problems w/ not having modules there & having to create one….& still DON’T know how…. it’s not as easy as just putting <jdoc:include type=”module” name=”top” />
    didn’t work…at least not for me.

Why do I have to create modules anyway!!!! It should be there & it’s my choice as to whether or not I want a particular module there—-there should be some consistencies…top module, etc…is a standard isn’t it!!!!

I can see if you have some odd position, but a simplet top position!!!! rediculous!!!

templates should be thoroughly tested to see if it work w/ your extensions & whatever module instead of having to always find out how to do it or a hack around!!!!!

It’s quite a headache!!!! Like I said, I don’t have nearly as many problems as I encountered here!!!!

checkmate40 Friend

What I did was made a new “homepage” although it wasn’t really a homepage menu link it was a regular article link that was set to the default and called “home”.

Hope that helps.

thungrac221 Friend

Is that what it comes down to…we the members have to find the hack for it….this shouldn’t be happening in the FIRST place!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  thungrac221 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum