Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’ve installed JA Reguls on Joomla 1.5 both on a server and local.
    Using Internet Explorer 6, there is a problem on any page.
    Look at these screen-shots. They are taken form the same page, the firt with IE6 and the second with FF3

How can I adjust this view?

mfcphil Friend

Sorry to say there is not a great deal anyone can do about the different views you get from different browsers.

IE6 is probably one of the poorest browsers out there, fortunately more and more people are, or already have, upgraded to IE7 and IE8 is on the way, and a lot don’t even use Internet Explorer any more, so while you will have to grin and bear it for now at least you know things are getting better all the time.

jwellman Friend

<em>@mfcphil 79144 wrote:</em><blockquote>and a lot don’t even use Internet Explorer any more, so while you will have to grin and bear it for now at least you know things are getting better all the time.</blockquote>
    Sadly, I would have to disagree a little. My active forum shows 98% of the members are using Explorer of some sort. Only 2% are using other browsers such as Firefox and others. I wish users would start using FF but for now Explorer is way in the lead.

Hopefully a moderator can give you an IE6 fix but like McPhil, I wouldn’t fret too much about IE6.

mfcphil Friend

Wow on checking you are quite correct about the number of Internet Explorer user.

I would suggest (if there is no IE6 fix) putting somewhere on your homepage a message that states…

Best Viewed in Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox and maybe even add a link for them to download/install the required browser..if memory serves I think this is why I upgraded to IE7 😉

jwellman Friend

<em>@mfcphil 79157 wrote:</em><blockquote>if memory serves I think this is why I upgraded to IE7 ;)</blockquote>
    Me too. I was using IE6 on my old computer (which I still have installed for customers to use when they come to the office). It gives me the opportunity to view my sites in both versions. My problem is I use FF so much that I often forget to view in Explorer. It often makes me sick when I finally remember to view the site. So many things fall apart in Explorer. >:(

jwellman Friend

I took a look at stats today from our forum. The numbers are a little better than I remembered, although IE is still by far the leader. Of course stats like these would be different on sites such as JA because most of us who visit are FF lovers. :-*
    Browser — Hits — Percentage
    MS IE 189,098 – 89.5 %
    Firefox 13,753 – 6.5 %
    Safari 6,328 – 2.9 %
    Mozilla 570 – 0.2 %
    Unknown 491 – 0.2 %
    Opera 412 – 0.1 %
    BonEcho 202 – 0 %
    Netscape 167 – 0 %
    K-Meleon 90 – 0 %
    Phoenix 42 – 0 %
    Others 38 – 0 %

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jwellman 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum