Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

I have used WP in the past and people tell meJoolma is a better alternative

As a rookie can someone explain to me the major differences

I was not that happy with the SEO pack for WP, How is Joolmas?

reiki2 Friend

Hi
    I like and use both joomla and wordpress, and sometimes I use both on one site. I also find Seo with both is very good espsecialy when I link posts on the blog to content in joomla

sleung Friend

wait you can use both on one site?

does joolma have plugin like WP?

3bigbass Friend

<em>@sleung 167228 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have used WP in the past and people tell meJoolma is a better alternative

As a rookie can someone explain to me the major differences

I was not that happy with the SEO pack for WP, How is Joolmas?</blockquote>
    I hope you get some detailed answers to this question because I’m asking exactly the same, I’ve quite a few WP sites and I’m wondering if it’s worth investing the time to learn the difference and what if any the advantages would be

reiki2 Friend

<blockquote>wait you can use both on one site?

does joolma have plugin like WP?</blockquote>

There used to be a plugin for Joomla that allowed you to integrate WordPress into it. However, I prefer to make Joomla the main site and install wordpress into a sub folder

hik3r Friend

SEO pack for WordPress work fine – it’s all about choosing the right keywords.

Joomla is a more involved CMS than wordpress. It’s a better platform for larger sites – like news sites and membership-type sites. WordPress still works best as a blog or as a smaller website, although it’s come a long way in the past year.

suertes8 Friend

Comparing Joomla to WP is not fair, Joomla is far Superior and has lots more capabilities than WP, on the other hand it’s harder to learn and master.
    bubble games-bubble shooter

janice36 Friend

I didn’t know that you could use both on one site. I would really like to know how this can be done.

lecrawford Friend

I think Joomia has a better platform as well but I still like WP it’s so much easier to me and easier to learn.

hik3r Friend

<em>@janice36 167284 wrote:</em><blockquote>I didn’t know that you could use both on one site. I would really like to know how this can be done.</blockquote>

Here you go: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/blog/6659

addambl Friend

I have had great success with wordpress. It’s so incredibly easy to manipulate and configure. Both beginner and expert friendly. The seo pack works wonders for me. I only fill in the keywords, and title sections of the seo pack for posts, and fill in the excerpt field instead of the description field in the seo pack. It automatically creates these fields as meta tags, which is just easier than using the custom fields options in the posts. What were you disappointed with as far as the all in one seo pack for wordpress?

zacwin Friend

I have been a joomla user since the firt version was released. I now have several sites using the Joomla 1.6. I have started building sites in WordPress and find them easier to setup and faster to get running. The SEO is great for WordPress using the All-In-One-SEO plugin.

benjibrainerst Friend

I have 3 wordpress and 2 joomla sites and I think they are both great. Joomla IMO though is a lot more pro than WP.

Things like hotproperty and all the other types of brilliant addons on joomla are leaps ahead of wordpress.. again IMO.

aetnajo Friend

From what I understand, we should start with word press and as we grow in size and knowledge we should add Joomla. Does that sound about right?

erinwarner056 Friend

I don’t know why people keep talking about WP’s SEO being better. I agree that before 1.5 Joomla didn’t really have a lot of ‘built-in’ SEO but there were plenty of free/paid components to solve that problem.

I prefer using wordpress if it’s a plain blog. But if I want any ‘user profiles’, e-commerce etc. on site – Joomla is the only way to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  magma1 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum