Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m using PurityIII and I’ve got a home page with a group of featured articles, and I’ve set "Read more" on them so that when someone clicks on the "read more" button they get shown that full article.

However on the home page I’ve also got some text relating to the web site in general which I’ve implemented as a custom module (just some html text) and put in position-1 (above the featured articles) . I want this text to appear on the home page, but not on the page which is shown when someone clicks on the "read more" button.

How can I change the layout of the page which shows the full article so that it doesn’t have some of the items which are in the home page?

I’m using the latest versions of Joomla (3.5) and Purity III (1.1.5).

Thanks,

Robbie

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Robbie,

If you want to view article individually, that article must be assigned to a menu item. Please create a new menu item (or use an existing one) and assign article (or category that article belongs to) to this new menu item and also make sure that you don’t assign any module to this menu item

Regards

minombrerobbiej Friend

Hi, many thanks for the response, it was your answer that got me going along the right lines.

What I did was create a dummy menu item (which doesn’t appear on the menu structure) and set the Menu Item Type to "Category List" with a Category of "News" (which is what these articles are).

Now when someone clicks on "read more" against any of these news intro items on the home page, Joomla displays the full article, but picks up this dummy menu item as the default layout (instead of the home page layout) and displays the page as I define it in the dummy menu item.

Robbie

Ninja Lead Moderator

If possible, give me the URL of your site and a screenshot describing issue here so I can have look and help you out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum