Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Saguaros Moderator
    #1072559

    Hi,

    You can share the credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account and tell me the article which I can replicate issue, I will take a look and check for you.

    aschultinga JATC
    #1072587

    Ok thanks, but i’m still on localhost. But in the meantime I’ve discovered that the problem has something to do with the languages. I’ve installed NL (dutch) both on website and administrator. I’ve changed the language to english and the problem is gone. So it has got definitely something to do with the date/language.

    When I’m ready to put the site on an external host I will send you the credentials.

    Thanks

    Saguaros Moderator
    #1072805

    Ok, let me know if you need further help then.

    Have a nice day!!!

    aschultinga JATC
    #1072942
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator
    #1073101

    Could you share the FTP account also?

    aschultinga JATC
    #1073130
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator
    #1073308

    It due to the wrong date format you added in that article: 03.Maa.18

    It should be: 03.Mar.18

    I updated for you and it’s working fine now.

    aschultinga JATC
    #1073341

    Hi,
    yes, thanks, in English it’s working now fine.

    Unfortunately the problem with the date ("maa" instead of "mar") exists when turning the administrator language to ‘nl-NL’. When editing the article the date is not editable and it uses the ‘maa’ format. After saving the problem occurs, and the article can’t be changed. ONly solution then is to move the article to trash.

    So I’m wondering whether this has something to do with Joomla Core date or the NL language files?

    Thanks for your input.

    Saguaros Moderator
    #1073511

    May I know which article you’re having problem with? I will check and edit for you.

    aschultinga JATC
    #1073696

    Ok, let me explain it in another way:
    The website/administrator is now set to english language. No problem occurs. But :

    • when i set the language to nl-NL, and
    • edit or add a new event article, and
    • setting the date to xx march 2018 (system will add xx.maa.18),
    • the error ‘datetime construct etc….’ occurs.

    so basically it could happen in any event article.

    Thanks

    Saguaros Moderator
    #1073861

    I realize that I need to log into back-end with NL language to replicate issue (I often login with EN as I’m not familiar with your native language). Let me check this issue and will get back to you.

    Saguaros Moderator
    #1073869

    You can try with this solution:

    • Open the file: templates/ja_alumni/contenttype/types/events.xml
    • Look for the date format:
      %d.%b.%y

    change it to:

    %Y-%m-%d

    Remember to backup the old file first.

    Regards

    aschultinga JATC
    #1074333

    Hi ,

    this was the right solution, now it works, also in the dutch language. Thanks

    Saguaros Moderator
    #1074417

    Glad to hear it works now!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

The topic ‘datetime construct failed to parse time string’ is closed to new replies.