Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I just tried to inspect element on your site but didn’t see the code you mentioned above, I used this and it seems to work fine: http://prntscr.com/i7gpmb

#Mod146 .column {
        width: 50%;
        float: left;
        padding: 10px;
        height: 300px;
    }

Regards

Tristan Friend

Hi Saguaros
    Thanks for the reply but, again, I couldn’t get it to render like you did. Please can you:
    1: post your html code (I can’t expand your div’s in the image obviously 🙂 )
    2: where are you placing your css?
    3: please can you explain how the custom.css file works, and where you place it

• I tried reading the documentation on custom.css but it would not load custom.css in the folder location mentioned
    • currently my custom.css is in the /templates/ja_sugite/css folder but the documentation says it must be in T3-Assets?
    • why can’t I see the custom.css file loaded when I inspect the elements? I know it’s loading because my flow diagram tree is styled, but it doesn’t show the custom css only css-69a01-28454.css ? can you explain how my custom css gets added to css-69a01-28454.css?

This is my first time using T3 so this might be the problem?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Tristan,

Templates built with T3 framework support the ‘custom.css’ file by default (but this file doesn’t exist by default, you just need to create it in the folder: root/templates/ja_your_default_template/css/) and your site will load this file

When you inspect your site and still see CSS files like css-69a01-28454.css in ‘t3-assets’ folder, it’s not recommended to edit these CSS files as they are temporarily files generated when you enable the Optimize CSS option in template manager: Admin panel > Extensions > Templates > JA Sugite > General tab > Optimization.

In order to see the correct CSS file, you just go to this option in template manager and disable it.

If it still doesn’t work, kindly share credentials of your site: admin + FTP account, I will take a look.

Regards

Tristan Friend

Yes thanks I had created the custom.css and it loaded some of the styles. I will do the optimization now as suggested.

Could you please paste the html you used in your above eg so that I can test it as you got it to work.

Thx

Saguaros Moderator

I inspected directly on your site and suggested above CSS, I don’t have HTML code of that module.

Tristan Friend

No just the HTML you used with the CSS

Mod146 .column {

width: 50%;
    float: left;
    padding: 10px;
    height: 300px;

} Surely you used html to render the css?

Basically i want to copy your css and html to make sure I am at the right starting point. My css should work but it isn’t so I want to use your code directly to check

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Tristan.
    Tristan Friend

I’m accustomed to templates having CSS for responsive 2-column div’s. That is actually what I am after but made my own when I couldn’t find the template css. Maybe you have a better idea what the template 2-column css is?

Saguaros Moderator

I’m not quite sure of what you’re saying, again, I inspected your site and try with the CSS I posted above, I don’t have HTML code, it WAS on your site.

This template is built with Bootstrap, you can check out the grid system of Bootstrap for more info:
    https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/css/#grid
    http://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/examples/grid/

Tristan Friend

Ok that explains it a little better. It works now (it will take me time to understand the logic flow of the design, but thanks). http://41.185.8.134/~samdtcoz/

The module i was struggling with is the "3rd row" – green row with the flow diagram.

Thanks again

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Tristan.
    Saguaros Moderator

As I can see that there are 2 columns, is that ok now?

Tristan Friend

As I can see that there are 2 columns, is that ok now?

Yes thanks for the help / explanation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tristan 6 years, 2 months ago.

The topic ‘Custom CSS / Module’ is closed to new replies.