Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Joomlart team,

Great extension, so easy to use. 🙂 really nice work!

However, if you want to have a corporate website with several websites in english, (Global, US, UK and AUS) it does not seem to work for me. When I try to translate, it comes back with a dupe content failure.

I really need to have more english websites available (4 actually), since they should contain different info each.

Ex. I need a full global site with all content available, and then also a US, UK and AUS site with different info each. Just like normal corporate websites eg, apple, sony, samsung etc.

Is this not possible at all. Found some other language ext. that was able to handle UK, US and AUS at the same time. I am however much more fond of your extension. 🙂

Also still trying to figure out how to get a global site, but this seems to be more of a core joomla issue. :((

Thanks,
    Dennis

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@iaassens 411898 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Joomlart team,

Great extension, so easy to use. 🙂 really nice work!</blockquote>

Thanks for the appreciation.

<blockquote>However, if you want to have a corporate website with several websites in english, (Global, US, UK and AUS) it does not seem to work for me. When I try to translate, it comes back with a dupe content failure.

I really need to have more english websites available (4 actually), since they should contain different info each.

Ex. I need a full global site with all content available, and then also a US, UK and AUS site with different info each. Just like normal corporate websites eg, apple, sony, samsung etc. </blockquote>

Yes, currently it does not support translation between the languages with the same prefix, in your case the language codes would be en-AU, en-GB, en-US , while translating the alias remains the same so you get the duplicate entry error.

<blockquote>Is this not possible at all. Found some other language ext. that was able to handle UK, US and AUS at the same time. I am however much more fond of your extension. :)</blockquote>

I talked to the dev and we can add option to clone the content as the translation is going to remain the same and you would then be able to use the translation association tab to update content manually for each of your language. We shall try to release this feature in the next version.

Regards

Arvind

iaassens Friend

Sounds great. Thank you Arvind. Looking forward to a future update. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iaassens 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum