Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Not sure if this is possible but I wanted to copy a new theme from ja_hotel to a template with a different name. I duplicated several themes, then duplicated the ja_hotel template in template manager to create “hotel_new” template, but only the default theme copied over. I’ve looked through the documentation but cannot find a way to copy a theme from one template to another. I’m working offline so no link available.

Is this something that is possible or not advised. I’m just trying to work around customizations without having to have a whole new installation in place and keep Ja_Hotel template unaltered.

Thanks for any advice.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow steps here it will help you to copy the template on your site to new template and include all themes.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow steps here it will help you to copy the template on your site to new template and include all themes.

aardcom Friend

As in the link, I have the same problem in that the “copy” template only copies the default theme, not Home, Blog, colors etc. Is there a way to copy themes from one template to another? ie ja_hotel – Home or ja_hotel – Orange to another template.

I am assuming this isn’t possible or is there a way to copy folders instead that gives the same results?

TomC Moderator

<em>@aardcom 488011 wrote:</em><blockquote>As in the link, I have the same problem in that the “copy” template only copies the default theme, not Home, Blog, colors etc. Is there a way to copy themes from one template to another? ie ja_hotel – Home or ja_hotel – Orange to another template.

I am assuming this isn’t possible or is there a way to copy folders instead that gives the same results?</blockquote>

The theme files (php, css) are all within the site structure – so they should copy over.

Perhaps it’s a database issue as well – something you need to change there?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@aardcom 488011 wrote:</em><blockquote>As in the link, I have the same problem in that the “copy” template only copies the default theme, not Home, Blog, colors etc. Is there a way to copy themes from one template to another? ie ja_hotel – Home or ja_hotel – Orange to another template.

I am assuming this isn’t possible or is there a way to copy folders instead that gives the same results?</blockquote>

Let me know which template name do you want to create new? And PM me URL of your site, admin login backend site and FTP account. I will help you out.

aardcom Friend

Ha… Is it possible there is a database issue… yes.

Is it possible there is an issue with copying the template and having all the themes copy over…. apparently, since others in the thread Ninja pointed to also had the same results. I’m just trying to determine if it should copy all themes or just the default theme. If it’s only designed to copy the default theme, then I would like a suggestion as to if I can do it another way. ie which files I need to copy. If I need to hack the database to do it then it’s not something I need to do since that isn’t the way it was designed.

I’m working on an offline database, so all I want to know is should the system copy all the themes when you copy the template, if not then no problem. If yes, then has anyone verified that this works. Several others have stated it doesn’t. It is possible I have an issue, but rather than spend 4 hours trying to find a problem I first want to make sure there is a problem on my end. I’ve tried on two installations and same issue, not saying that it isn’t a database error. Or operator error as I’m no expert. Could be my offline test server is the problem.

aardcom Friend

Ha… Is it possible there is a database issue… yes.

Is it possible there is an issue with copying the template and having all the themes copy over…. apparently, since others in the thread Ninja pointed to also had the same results. I’m just trying to determine if it should copy all themes or just the default theme. If it’s only designed to copy the default theme, then I would like a suggestion as to if I can do it another way. ie which files I need to copy. If I need to hack the database to do it then it’s not something I need to do since that isn’t the way it was designed.

I’m working on an offline database, so all I want to know is should the system copy all the themes when you copy the template, if not then no problem. If yes, then has anyone verified that this works. Several others have stated it doesn’t. It is possible I have an issue, but rather than spend 4 hours trying to find a problem I first want to make sure there is a problem on my end. I’ve tried on two installations and same issue, not saying that it isn’t a database error. Or operator error as I’m no expert. Could be my offline test server is the problem.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@aardcom: I tested at my end about copy template name to new and it copied all theme and css style into new template. I could not duplicate the problem like as you mentioned above.

It’s very hard to suggest the solution for you if without clue to check that problem directly on your site.

aardcom Friend

I’ll update when I have it transferred to the live server. I tried twice on separate installs and it only copied default style, so maybe there is an issue with my working server or permission settings, Thank you for confirming Ninja.

aardcom Friend

I’ll update when I have it transferred to the live server. I tried twice on separate installs and it only copied default style, so maybe there is an issue with my working server or permission settings, Thank you for confirming Ninja.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aardcom 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum