Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi i have a website http://www.civitas.gr/ and for a reason i cant understand yet the menu that show the contact page each time u browse it crashes …

I did check it with a default template of joomla and all seems to work fine

The Ja Norite template…. http://prntscr.com/b0ica5

The default Joomla template …http://prntscr.com/b0iclg

What did i miss here? If anyone can help please do

Thanks Regards as always

Giannis Maroulis

pavit Moderator

Hi

Did you updated Joomla to 3.5.1 version ? template is not yet compatible with this version.

Giannis Maroulis Friend

Oh yes i did …. but i thought its compatible with any 3.x joomla update… So what em i have to do to correct it?

U know its all about the security of the website, that’s why i do the Joomla and components / plugins updates. In the past i have been hacked because of that so no matter what i will do when updates are available.

But if anyone can help me out with that will be great

Thanks anyway

Giannis Maroulis

pavit Moderator

Hi

You are not the only one having contact page issue after upgrade website to Joomla 3.5 version on a website with a non compatible template.

It is always a good approach first to update a Joomla website to take a full backup of it, so best solution is to restore a backupped version of your website ( if available ) or wait the official Joomlart template update release.

Best regards

Giannis Maroulis Friend

Hi again,

its NOT what i expect from u guys to say, u tell me that DONT DO ANY JOOMLA UPDATE before we update our template? I prefer to tell me that ok mate we will try to fix that ASAP but here a quick solution (not permament):

If u remove the email from the following block then all its ok but without the contact form…

http://prntscr.com/b0wjip

Still a way to fix it not permanent of course.

Thats an answer from a professional as u guys are…. I am not a kid and i like the hard way u know. Not tell me to revert my web site to a not secure version.

Anyway hope my answer help some people who might have same issue as i am.

Giannis Maroulis

Giannis Maroulis Friend

One month seens my last post here and i was hoping there will be a fix for that issue. Any news? does that will be fixed?

Thanks

Giannis Maroulis

pavit Moderator

One month seens my last post here and i was hoping there will be a fix for that issue. Any news? does that will be fixed?

As i said above actually Ja Norite template is still not compatible with Joomla 3.5.1 version.

As you are a professional developer i’m pretty sure you are able to find a way to revert back your Joomla version to 3.4 since i’m pretty also sure that like all professionals they first should know that backup of websites is the first thing to do first to update anything.

So trusting in your professionalism, I think there are no problems in solving this problem you’re having.

Wishing you all the best for your life and your work i hope you can understand .

Giannis Maroulis Friend

Pavit thanks for your reply its very PROFESSIONAL as u are also.

1) where in that post or any other post i have mention that i am a pro developer?

2) what the backup have to do with that ? The problem is NOT to restore a backup in my server and YEs i have a backup of course but u asking me to revert my joomla installation in less secure one because the template i am running is not compatible with the latest JOOMLA version.

3) dont be mad with me man i havent done anything to u as i can recall

4) in your first post u say "template is not yet compatible with this version." so yet is the key word thats why i ask again if there are any new….

5) u are a good dev, coder, whatever so its sooo difficult for u or any other guy here to fix that shitty bug>? the template is working fine in the new Joomla version in any other aspect as i see.

Last please dont continue it man i have nothing on u or with any other guy. I try to do my work please do yours.

Regards

Giannis Maroulis

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Giannis Maroulis 7 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum