Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I do not receive email from JA Builder contact form. The "test email" function works properly within Joomla server configuration panel using the PHP mailer function. I receive the test email, but, I never get an email from the contact form.
    Thanks
    System is:
    Joomla! 3.7.5 Stable
    PHP 5.6
    CentOS 6.9
    Apache/2.2.34 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.34 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

There seems to be something wrong with PHP mailer here, the team will check and get back to you.

Regards

rgasparello Friend

Thank You.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

The new version of JA Builder will be released pretty soon (maybe today), pls wait and update.

Thank you!

idle Friend

I am having the same issue. Tried using both PHP and SMTP and receive test emails on both but not form emails.

According to JA Extension Manager all JoomlArt extensions are up to date.

JA Builder 1.0.8 JUB 1.1.1

Joomla version 3.8.0 (I only installed this week)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  idle.
    rgasparello Friend

Still not working. I have updated as requested.
    JA Builder 1.0.8
    JUB 1.1.1
    Joomla! 3.7.5 Stable

Please advise.

Saguaros Moderator

@rgasparello: It’s weird, I’m checking this again on your site, pls share the ftp account.

@idle: you can share the credentials of your site so I will take a look also.

VariFrame Friend

Yes I have to confirm… it was working for a while but its gone again 🙁

Check this video I just created:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxqnLeY38LshWks2T2thYUpIeEU

and in the end the submit button keeps spinin and spinin… I have the latest version of JA Builder.

Saguaros Moderator

Pls share the credentials so I will check for you.

rgasparello Friend

I managed to solve this. The problem I was having was smtp authentication failure. No matter what type of outgoing mail I setup:, PHP, sendmail, smtp I kept getting authentication failure messages from Joomla. (Strangely, smtp authentication would work on my server, but the test mail failed every time in Joomla). I use Google Gsuite for email. I reached out to them and they told me to use smpt-relay@gmail.com for my outgoing smtp settings. This works! 1st I needed to setup the smtp-relay service in Gsuites admin, then I needed to fill in the credentials on the Joomla side. Now everything is ok in the contact form. I hope this helps.

idle Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

@idle: could you share ftp account also?

idle Friend

corrected below

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  idle.
    idle Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

@idle: this FTP account directs to an empty directory.

You can try to download attached file > Unzip and copy 2 files inside ‘helper.php’ and ‘jabuilder.php’ into this directory: root/plugins/system/jabuilder/

Pls remember to backup old files first.

1. builder_plg.zip
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum