Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ok… I have a total of 9 domains.
    I created the original site. http://www.septenmoneymag.com
    by cloning the original for the second domain http://www.okanaganmoneymag.com, I was able to mirror the site for the new domain and allow for content changes in one site be carried to the other – one database, one set of tables. that solved my first problem.
    the only difference that is required between the original and the clone is the site logo as contact info is identical to all.
    How, if it is possible, can I affect the different logo? Keep in mind, I have to make this process work a total of 8 different times.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You have to use different template style to apply the different logo on site.
    As you said the database is same so it always use the same logo. I suggest you to use different template style for each site and select your logo.
    Hope it helps.

Regards

Chase Jestley Friend

I’m still confused.
    I think what you are saying is that what I want to do is not possible.. Us
    I want to use the same database and tables because content wise, all the sites are the same and to repeat the process 9 times every month to update content is quite cumbersome. So, if cloning is not the way to go, if I create the same site 9 times so I can affect the logo styles, is there a way I can affect the content change of all 9 sites using the same template exactly by only updating the content on one site?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    No What you need to do is duplicate the template style from template manager.
    Select a template style and click on duplicate button.
    This way you can create different template styles but if you also using the same menu items you have to create different. Otherwise you can not make any difference when everything is identical.

Chase Jestley Friend

I KNOW you are understanding what I am asking.
    because assigning a template style to the home one one of the domains carries it across ALL of them.
    I am not so stupid that I don’t know how to create different template styles

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

This is the option you can use.
    Or u have to use different Database.
    Regards

Chase Jestley Friend

OK… now then… PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO DO IT!
    It is obvious there is a language issue because YOU CLEARLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION.
    you have the login for 2 of the 9 domains. make it work in one please else you clearly can not comprehend what I am asking.
    If answering it is beyond your capabilities, then please let me know, or perhaps there is someone else who can understand the problem.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    It`s not about the language logo has used an image or Text.
    Since you are using the same database for all the websites it will always pick the same output and if you will change the logo from one domain it also effects other.
    You have to use a different database for each domain to get different output.
    If you want to use the same database and want to show different output in this case you have to create different menu items that will new work and as I understand you do not want to do this.
    The only possible way is to use different DB for each site.

Hope its clear now!

Chase Jestley Friend

OK then now we have been going around in circles.
    these should be simple yes/no answers:

if i want the site to have its own domain name and logo, it requires a separate installation?

if you have separate installations, there is no way to make a change in one and have it carry across 9 separate websites?

i can install the sites using the same database and a different set of table prefixes?

is there a way within PHP admin to rewrite the content tables (ie the articles) to have the same table prefixes and the rest be different?

do you understand what I am asking?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I already explained all possible ways to you, sir.
    I am not saying YES or NO. I show you both ways to do this.

I can install the sites using the same database and a different set of table prefixes?

If you will use different table its simply a new DB, better to use a new DB. because different prefix means new tables.

In a simple answer, you have to use a different database to show different content.

Let me know if still there is any confusion.

Chase Jestley Friend

Well, the answer was there was no clear answer… so we will go that they could not accurately understand what I was trying to accomplish and went in complete circles. so mark it poorly answered as the responses were less than informative – which is unusual as others have generally been exceptionally helpful.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Again you have to use different database for your site to give them different style and logo.
    Its very simple when u same database you will get the same output.

I will not say NO to you since its up to you to use different site and or make custom works for database
    a query that is out of support scope to use different database tables only some parts of the site.

Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum