Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

How exactly do I add my logo to the template?

here is my site:

http://www.vancollc.info

Trying to add my logo instead of the ja_minisite one.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You should override the logo.png image in this folder templatesja_minisiteimages

i cannot see your site at that address but only a cpanel login on goDaddy hosting

trymutos Friend

Interesting. Let me look into it, it’s weird it’s not showing up.

Thanks for the info by the way, but where exactly do I find that file? (still learning web dev)

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>but where exactly do I find that file</blockquote>

templatesja_minisiteimageslogo.png if you are using the default theme

If instead you applied a theme ( orange for example ) then you should check in

templatesja_minisitethemesorangeimageslogo.png and override your image that should have dimensions 115×63 px

trymutos Friend

<em>@pavit 420380 wrote:</em><blockquote>templatesja_minisiteimageslogo.png
    templatesja_minisitethemesorangeimageslogo.png and override your image that should have dimensions 115×63 px</blockquote>

where is this located though?

server side or on my pc?

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>where is this located though?

server side or on my pc?</blockquote>

It is located where your website is located

Server side if you published your website on an hosted space ( http://www.vancollc.info )
    On your pc if you are working on localhost ( virtual server with xampp )

trymutos Friend

I really appreciate the help, I just can’t for the life of me find a way to access those files… is it through joomla! itself or is there another way?

also: http://www.vancollc.info/portal

that should give you access to my site.

pavit Moderator

You should access these files via ftp client

Them are hosted on your webspace ( where website is installed )
    So you should have an ftp access for your account , login with it into your folder ( public-html) and change the minisite logo accessing the folder i suggested above and upload your new image

If you are having problems with it send me via Private Message the ftp account to your website and your logo file and i will update it for you

trymutos Friend

<em>@pavit 421859 wrote:</em><blockquote>You should access these files via ftp client

Them are hosted on your webspace ( where website is installed )
    So you should have an ftp access for your account , login with it into your folder ( public-html) and change the minisite logo accessing the folder i suggested above and upload your new image

If you are having problems with it send me via Private Message the ftp account to your website and your logo file and i will update it for you</blockquote>

I found it! Thanks a ton .

What image size does the logo need to be?

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>What image size does the logo need to be?</blockquote>

actually it is 115 x 63 so you should upload your image with that dimensions

But you can change dimensions managing them through the file template.css located in your orange theme /css folder

trymutos Friend

Yea I uploaded the logo using the FTP client and for some reason it just won’t update. I’ll PM you my info, I am using godaddy for webhosting

Nevermind! It just updated, thanks a lot!

trymutos Friend

so which line in the .css file do I need to edit in order to increase the size accepted for the logo?

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>so which line in the .css file do I need to edit in order to increase the size accepted for the logo?</blockquote>

Find these lines

h1.logo { height: 63px; width: 115px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) 0 0 no-repeat;
    display: block;
    height: 63px;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 115px;
    }

trymutos Friend

So I managed to change the size of the logo accepted to 300×96. The problem I’ve now run into is that my logo fits into the my Home Portal tab but one I switch to another menu item (like my image gallery) the logo size reverts back to the default size:

http://www.vancollc.info/portal/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  trymutos 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum