Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I love the ja_olyra template, but I don’t need the topmenu and want to place other content in that space instead. I searched the forums and found similar questions in the past, but no solution.

I unpublished the topmenu, but when I try to assign other content to user3, it doesn’t show up. How do I get this to work?:confused:

Sherlock Friend

Hi !
    You open index.php file in templates/ja_olyra folder :
    Find following code :

<div id="ja-mainnavwrap" class="clearfix">

<div id="ja-mainnav">
    <?php
    switch ($ja_menutype) {
    case 1: echo $topnav;
    break;
    case 2:
    echo "<div class="sfmenu-inner">";
    include($ja_template_absolute_path."/ja_cssmenu.php");
    echo "</div>";
    break;
    case 3:
    echo "<div class="transmenu-inner">";
    include($ja_template_absolute_path."/ja_transmenu.php");
    echo "</div>";
    break;
    }
    ?>
    </div>

</div>

red code is code for load top menu ! You can replace it by module or script for load content !

leeshjama Friend

Hi hainn84,
    Thanks for the feedback. It looks like you’ve pointed me in the right direction, but I’m suspicious that I may not have given enough information in my initial question. I don’t want to replace the very top main menu at the top of the screen, but rather the icon menu that appears in the space referred to as user3 in the template overview (but doesn’t seem to be set up as a user space.

One warning … while I have many years of programmng experience, I’m a novice at PHP, and even less knowledgeable in the internals of Joomla. However, the code snippet you posted looks suspiciously like the very top menu rather than the user3 icon menu. Am I right? Further down in the code there appears to be a section wherethe ja_iconmenu.php code is included, and my guess is that that is where I would want to load the module.

Here’s the existing code with the include in red:
    <!– BEGIN: HEADER –>
    <div id=”ja-headerwrap”>
    <div id=”ja-header” class=”clearfix”>

<h1>
    <a href=”index.php”>
    <?php echo $mosConfig_sitename?>
    </a>
    </h1>

<?php if ($ja_iconmenu) { ?>
    <div id=”ja-topnav”><div class=”w1″><div class=”w2″><div class=”w3 clearfix”>
    <?php include($ja_template_absolute_path.”/ja_iconmenu.php”); ?>
    </div></div></div></div>
    <?php } ?>

</div>
    </div>
    <div class=”clr”> </div>
    <!– END: HEADER –>

I’m guessing that I just need to replace the include with the code to load the module. Is that right?
    Thanks!

Sherlock Friend

HI leeshjama!
    It’s right code for load iconmenu .You can use icon menu easy by download iconmenu module : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=51.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum