Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’ve just purchased membership in order to download your Disqus plugin, I’ve installed it but when its enabled it appears before another plugin I’m using – Author List, which puts a box with Author information at the bottom of the article.

I’d like Disqus to appear after the Author List plugin, when I set the Disqus plugin’s ordering to ‘last’ it still appears before the Author List plugin. I’ve alos had this issue with the JW Disqus plugin. Please could you advise on how to achieve the correct ordering :((

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

I am sorry if I disappoint you but our JA Disqus Debate plug-in doesn’t actually allow you any control over positioning of Disqus/IntenseDebate comments on your K2/Joomla articles’ web-pages.

The ordering parameter you referred to actually has to do with the order in which the JA Disqus plug-in runs relatively to the rest of the plug-ins, installed on your site.

Could you please post here a screenshot with the order of things you aren’t happy about?

Regards,

Alex

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @adycousins
    The plugin order only work with joomla articles , We don`t offer support for any third party plugin (Author plugin).
    You can contact to that third party plugin Developer or you can hire a developer for such customization .
    Also your site is using a Third Party template .
    We give only support for Joomlart Template .
    Feel free to write any issue related to JoomlArt templates ,
    We are happy to help You 🙂

adycousins Friend

Hi folks
    Sorry, I’ve been very clear: I’m not asking for support for a third party plugin.

I am talking about how the Disqus plugin behaves when in ordinary Joomla articles.
    I’m asking if there is any way to influence the ordering of your plugin so that it responds to the standard Joomla ordering configuration options – ie, so that when the ordering is set to ‘last’ on the drop down ordering in Joomla, the plugin appears last in the article. It appears the plugin doesn’t do this.

Is there any way to get your Disqus plugin to behave like this – is there any sort of overide I could apply to do this?

I want this

except I’ve got this:

1. q3KwTJP
    2. TIDu3cM
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

The admin panel plugin order is not for the front end ordering

Our plugin only order work with joomla content
    You can read the documentation for more info on JA disq. debate .
    Sorry for not being much help in this case.
    You can Hire a developer for this customization .
    Such customization are out of JA support scope.

alexsmirnov Friend

@adycousins,

Actually, your comments retrieved by our JA Disqus Debate plug-in for you, should show up on your Joomla articles/K2 items web-pages the last thing before your footer without any customization heroics, just like you wish, unless you implemented some modules between your footer and your content, which can be easily adjusted.

Could you post here for me URLs of a couple of pages where you deployed the plug-in?

Regards,

Alex

adycousins Friend

Thanks Alex
    Here is a page with the plugin applied :
    http://www.counterfire.org/index.php/articles/opinion/17204-western-intervention-will-turn-nigeria-into-an-african-afghanistan

The comments come through fine, I just need them to appear after the Author profile at the end.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Ady,

Please have a look at the http://www.counterfire.org/index.php/articles/opinion/17279-five-reasons-why-ed-miliband-s-flirtation-with-the-sun-was-a-disaster now. Is it what you are after?

The author bio also can be turned off of the page but I left it for the time being.

Cheers,

Alex

adycousins Friend

Thanks Alex, what I’m after is for the Author bio to appear above the Disqus comments,

Currently it looks like below:

What I’d like in this mock-up:

best wishes
    Ady

1. now
    2. desired
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@adycousins 433399 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Alex, what I’m after is for the Author bio to appear above the Disqus comments,

Currently it looks like below:

What I’d like in this mock-up:

best wishes
    Ady</blockquote>

You need to change the position of disqus plugin from php file
    or the author plugin .

Or you need to call the author plugin just before the call the JA Disqus debate comment in article php file .
    I am not familiar with the third party template that you are using in your site .
    So can`t help in it 🙁
    But i Hope my colleague will Help you out . ::)
    All the best

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Adrian,

The author bio block on your Joomla articles/K2 items’ pages gets retrieved by the “Content – AuthorList” plug-in, which is a part of the “Author List” extension pack. Be it not a plug-in but a module, we would be able to easily embed it into your articles at will, using simple syntax {loadposition authorbio_mod_custom_position} thus placing it above your Disqus comments per your requirement.

In my opinion, it is worth contacting the “Author List” component developer Jesus Vargus at http://joomla.vargas.co.cr/en/downloads/components/author-list and check if he can come out with such a module for you, pro bono or for a premium.

As an alternative, please have a look at how StackIdeas.com’s EasyBlog displays blog author’s bio between the blog entry content and comments, just like you wish it to be on your site: http://demo.stackideas.com/easyblog/entry/nice-scenary And the good news about taking this route is that we already released a nicely integrated with EasyBlog magazine template JA Magz.

Please have a look at its demo at http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_magz: go to Other pages -> Easyblog.

Obviously, I respect the time and money you’ve already invested into building your site on GK Game template from Gavick and your subscription with us for JA Disqus Debate but if you are still interested in taking JA Magz/EasyBlog route, please do let me know and let’s have a chat.

Regards,

Alex

Phill Moderator

The plugin is called at the bottom of the content. To adjust the position of that is something that needs to be done in the template you are using. As your template is not one from JA it would be very difficult for us to help, we simply do not know the template you are using. I would suggest you ask the makers of your template to see if they can advise or hire a freelancer to carry out the work.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Adrian,

You seem to have managed to arrange the bio box above the Disqus comments on your articles pages which is nice to see. Would you mind sharing with our community how you did it?

Regards,

Alex

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alexsmirnov 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum