Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I love the article view of Magz II, but the overall view of Focus. Is it posible to combine the two?

Please see the attached screenshot. My questions:

1) Can I add the ‘Reading mode’ buttons
    2) I think the length of the content is to long. I want to have the same column-width in Focus as Magz II.

I hope this is possible! šŸ™‚

Thanks

timtecsa Friend

Did you look at JA Teline V ? http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_teline_v

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Do you mean the detailed view page or category page?

Could you attach screenshot again? as I don’t see it now.

bikkel Friend

Yes! Thats exactly the article view I want to have on JA Focus! JA Teline V is nice, but I think JA Focus suits my website more (except of the article view).

bikkel Friend

Magz II

Can you see I now?

1. magz
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

These features are implemented in JA Magz II template specific, I’m afraid that it will require lots of customization to achieve that.

The associated file for article view layout is: /templates/ja_magz_ii/html/com_content/article/default.php You can see & update for same view in JA Focus. If you’re not familiar with code, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.

Regards

bikkel Friend

These features are implemented in JA Magz II template specific, Iā€™m afraid that it will require lots of customization to achieve that.

Hmm, that’s a pity! And what about point 2? I think the content column of JA Focus is to big. That doesn’t read easy for visitors because the sentences are to long. If only that feature can be implemented I’m OK with FA Focus.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

So, without the typo tool on left side (as in JA Magz II), you want to reduce the width of both Images & Content part or just content part only?

You can try with this CSS for content part only:

@media (min-width: 992px) {
    .view-article .article-content {
        width: 80%;
        padding-left: 120px;
    }
    }

put into the CSS file: root/templates/ja_focus/css/custom.css (create this file if it doesn’t exist).

Regards

timtecsa Friend

Did you consider putting a module into position sidebar-left on article pages ?

bikkel Friend

You can try with this CSS for content part only

This works! Thanks. The thing is that is also effects the MOST READ module. The item titles are now below the images.

Did you consider putting a module into position sidebar-left on article pages ?

I tried but the sidebar-left position seems not to exist. I can’t select it when creating a module.

Saguaros Moderator

You can change a bit to:

@media (min-width: 992px) { 
      .view-article .t3-content .item-page .article-content { 
       width: 80%;
       padding-left: 120px; 
     }
    }
    bikkel Friend

You can change a bit to

Great! It works like charm! šŸ™‚

bikkel Friend

One last question: is it possible to exclude some static pages/ content to this lay-out? So, some pages should have the origial lay-out.

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I’m not entirely sure of how you want to achieve here, could you illustrate via screenshots?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum