Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Open templates/uber/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php file
    Find

<div class="col-sm-4 item-image-box">

replace it with

<div class="col-sm-12 item-image-box">

Next , Find

<div class="col-sm-8 item-content-box">

replace it with

<div class="col-sm-12 item-content-box">

it will make the content and image full width.
    Regards

wolfix Friend

Thanks Pankaj,

Will these edits survive a template update?

All the best,

wolfix

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    it can be overridden on updates , Kindly save the changes on the local system .
    Space is used for the intro image, if you have intro image it will use that space .

wolfix Friend

Your terminology "…save the changes on the local system." is unclear to me, but it reminded me of the following tutorial… maybe you meant "…create a folder named "local" under the uber folder, then match the directory path uber/local/html/com_content/category, and copy the blog_item.php to this folder."

Based on https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/uber-template/customizing-uber-template#customize-template, I created a local folder in the uber directory and added other folders so the path is: templates/uber/local/html/com_content/category.

I then copied the file blog_item.php on to the category folder and made the edits as you advised.

It works now.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wolfix 7 years, 3 months ago.

The topic ‘Category Blog Layout problem with blank margin on left.’ is closed to new replies.