Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JA Extension Manager will not allow me to save the settings on the permissions page of the global configuration.

For example, I want to have the Author Group unable to access the administrative interface of this component, so I go to Global Configuration, Permissions, select JA Extension Manager on the left, click the drop down list for "Access Administration Interface" and select Denied. Since there are two of these drop down lists on the page for Access Administrative Interface, I go ahead and do both the same way. I save from the page and when it refreshes, the save didn’t take place and the value is not "calculated".

I have now added ACL Manager component and set the setting as I want it, which is now "in effect" for the selected user group and shows correctly in ACL Manager and for the logged in user, but the setting still shows the incorrect value in the Permissions Manager.

This is the ONLY component – core or 3rd party – that this problem happens with. The ACL Manager Component is certainly a workaround, but I’d like to know why this is not working.

This happens for the newest version of the Extension Manager as of today (2.6.0) as well as older (2.5.7) on Joomla 3.4.7 or 3.4.8 (at least – I don’t have any sites older than that to test on).

I’m specifically running T3 Framework 2.5.1 but I’ve also tested on 2.5.2 with the same result.

Any help here? Seems like a bug of some kind that appears to be limited to the JAEM.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Scott Lavelle Friend

By the way – this also happens on any of my sites with similar config, not just this test one.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Author group does not have permission to check the admin panel . try Manager group and the user can see the component > http://prntscr.com/9mn7qw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum