Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    In Dreamweaver I can set “template editable regaions” in other words I can set up a page and let clients / customers etc edit certain parts.
    I lurv Joomla but cant work out if this is possible.

I want to make a title section, a paragraph section and an image section editable but nothing else. Is this easily achieved?

thanks in advance

Cheers Steve

itguy Friend

In Dreamweaver you are using static html pages and using the template functionality to control the template html across your entire site. I used to create all my site like that before I started using Mombo/Joomla. Joomla accomplishes the same thing but without the need to do it with static pages.

With Joomla you have the ability to add content items with a title, text, and images. Or you could use the static content section. Your clients can still edit the content with ease. Most of my clients edit their content themselves. They love Joomla because they no longer have to pay someone else to update the content.

Tirrawarra Friend

ah yes – but I want to set them up with some areas they can edit not not others – eg I dont want them to be able to change fonts or colours or put two images wher I want one.
    So I want them to be able to change the content but not the look.
    in other words I want to put a small template that can be edited by others within a Joomla template – but how?

itguy Friend

Only thing that comes to mind would be using a php include and referencing a txt file or something of that nature. Sorry I can;t be more help on this one. Please let me know if you figure out how to implement this.

ShannonN Friend

itguy;11702Only thing that comes to mind would be using a php include and referencing a txt file or something of that nature. Sorry I can;t be more help on this one. Please let me know if you figure out how to implement this.

Can’t you limit what access users/clients have as admins, like superadmin means you can access all admin less users even less can that be a way to do it? I haven’t played to much with users levels but you may have better knowledge of it than me?
    Cheers ShannonN

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum