Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am getting this error message after doing the quick setup install:
    "The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform."

I get it on both the front end and the backend of the site. We use a number of your templates and this is the only time we have received this message. It works if i set the cache and administrator/cache to 777 but that is not a permanent fix because if I leave those folders publicly writeable its asking for someone to come and hack the site. None of our other sites require this to be set to 777.

Is there something in the default install package that is causing this issue?

Also I noticed that the default installer only has the home page layout in the demo content. We would like to use some of the internal page layouts that this template offers. Is there a way to get the an installer that includes the content from the demo site? We don’t need the images but I need the layouts and page structures. Most other templates that I have used offer some way to import over the pages from the demo sites and it makes it significantly easier to setup an initial site.

Thank you,

pavit Moderator

Hello

This has nothing to do with template itself , remember that you are installing a template nad not the environment that is joomla , regarding t3 framework plugin it doesn’t impact such cache configuration , looking at joomla website discussion this is a pretty server configuration as you can see HERE
    So you should ask your hosting provider to set correctly php environment.
    Regarding the layout offered by the template the page showed at demo site are using only 2 different layouts

1) default
    2) default-nosidebar

My suggestion is to install the quickstart version that is exactly a demo replica.

Regards

jschroeder Friend

I don’t think this is a server configuration because my other 70 sites on this server with this same setup work just fine using the other templates.

Also I tried to install this without your all in one install package and it works fine. This issue only happens when using your quickstart package from the healthcare template.

none of our other sites using the JA brisk, JA Sugite, or Uber templates requires these two folder permissions to be 777.

If I set these folders to 777 permissions like the article you reference then it works fine for this install but I cannot leave those folders marked 777 because then someone could easily compromise the site install and the any of my other sites dont require that to be done.

As for the demo site replication the quickstart installer is not identical to the demo site. I see the home page. I understand that I can manually recreate the internal pages how you have them laid out on the demo site but I would have to fully understand how your demo site is setup with the modules for images and styling columns and everything. For other templates that I have purchased I am able to just install the demo content and change it to be what I need without having to manually recreate each page. Would it be possible to get a copy of the actual demo site for this purpose?

pavit Moderator

Would it be possible to get a copy of the actual demo site for this purpose?

Unfortunately this is not possible .

I just downloaded and installed ja_healthcare quickstart on my localhost with Mamp php 7.0.10 mysql 5.6.28 as a test and i cannot reproduce your error, it works more than great , the only difference with demo site is the dummy images installed with quickstart and not images as seen on demo.

just a question , did you installed sample data when requested in the quickstart procedure ?.

Also take a look at the documentation page HERE to learn how to reproduce pages on demo

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum