Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    #1037945

    Hi
    May i know the Joomla and Purity iii version you are using ? So i can replicate the issue at my end.
    Regards

    bascherz Friend
    #1038137

    Joomla 3.7.2 and Purity III 1.2.0.

    Thanks for the quick response.

    Bruce Scherzinger
    Vienna, VA USA

    Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    #1038272

    Hi
    Can u share the issue details? because i do not found any issue in Article edit front end http://prntscr.com/fe25sk
    Joomla 3.7.2
    Purity III 1.2.0
    T3 2.6.5

    Regards

    bascherz Friend
    #1038606

    The images attached to my first post in this topic show what was happening, where the bug was, and how I fixed it. Basically, when editing an article in any editor (TinyMCE, JCE, whatever) in the site front end, no buttons at all were visible. Looking at the page with Chrome’s Inspect feature showed the template hadn’t loaded at all. That’s when I turned the site debug mode to developer and got the following message on the site front end whenever I tried editing an article:

    Fatal error: Cannot use object of type ContentViewForm as array in /home/userid/public_html/mydomain.com/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php on line 13

    That’s what led me to those lines in the second attached image. The code I used to correct the errant file was taken from another params.php file that came with the same T3 version, which is explained in the first post.

    Hopefully you’ve got all you need now.

    Bruce Scherzinger
    Vienna, VA USA

    bascherz Friend
    #1038609

    Your statement makes me wonder if my site updated T3 to v2.6.5 correctly. Because I was having this problem with the previous version also.

    Bruce Scherzinger
    Vienna, VA USA

    bascherz Friend
    #1038610

    Sorry for the duplicate post. This site has some serious performance issues.

    Bruce Scherzinger
    Vienna, VA USA

    Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    #1038662
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bascherz Friend
    #1048744

    Sorry it has taken me so long to post this response. I was in the hospital with a heart condition for a while and have been in recovery since. All is well now and I am finally getting around to some things.

    The problem symptom appeared whenever I would open the article editor in the front end of my site (did not matter which one: JCE, TinyMCE, etc.). The page would load without ANY styling at all. It was obvious when inspecting the page source that the template did not load at all. As a result, the editor was missing all buttons, did not have links to Cancel, Save, etc. The symptom did NOT appear when editing the same article with the same editor in the site back end.

    Visualization of symptom

    So then I turned on maximum debug messages in the site global configuration and tried editing an article in the site front end again. A PHP error pointing me to the errant file and line of code was output at the bottom of the page (reported earlier in this discussion):

    Fatal error: Cannot use object of type ContentViewForm as array in /home/userid/public_html/mydomain.com/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php on line 13

    The file at: /home/userid/public_html/mydomain.com/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php

    had the following code starting on on line 13:

    $form      = $displayData['form'];
    $fieldSets =  $displayData['fieldsets'];
    $displayData = $displayData['params'];

    Those are clearly array references. Discovering there were other files in the T3 distribution named "params.php", I found one that had similar but different code in it using different methods, and I changed the errant code to match it (see below):

    $form = $displayData->getForm();
    $fieldSets = $form->getFieldsets('params');
    if (empty($fieldSets))
    {
        $fieldSets = $form->getFieldsets('attribs');
    }
    if (empty($fieldSets))
    {
        return;
    }

    which I found in this file: /home/userid/public_html/mydomain.com/plugins/system/t3/base/html/layouts/joomla/edit/params.php

    That resolved the issue completely.

    So I wondered why another site I was working on and was using the Purity III template also did not show this issue. One big difference is that my site was migrated from 2.5, back when Purity III was bundled with Joomla. The other site (without the problem) was built from scratch using Joomla 3.7. This made me think that perhaps the errant file may not have been included in the upgrade package or somehow got overlooked by the extension upgrade installer. I never really figured out why this apparently older code was on my site.

    Hopefully, this helps you to find the source of the problem.

    Regards, Bruce

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  bascherz.

    Bruce Scherzinger
    Vienna, VA USA

    Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    #1048921

    Hi
    Thanks, i will share it with concern department to look over this issue.

    Regards

    nsu-admin Friend
    #1057108

    Bruce, this solution is really working. I had the same problem as you (with the page migrated from 2.5). Thank you a lot!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nsu-admin 12 months ago.

The topic ‘Bug found in T3 2.6.5’ is closed to new replies.