Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have checked and re-checked setting and can’t seem to find anything wrong in my configuration so I’m wondering if this is a bug… please bear with me as I am not a developer but consider myself Joomla savvy enough to navigate my way around and get a site up and running…

If you go to my site utilizing Ja Teline and Ja news (even paid for the extension…)

http://www.thechinabusinessnetwork.com

When you click on most categories featured in the Ja News section, it’s supposed to go to a Blog Content Category view of the category where I have specifically set parameters in each one to reflect 1 column view only…

Why is it not consistent on where it’s going when someone clicks on the title?

When I click on Law and Travel and Tourism categories for example, it doesn’t take me anywhere.

When I click on Entertainment and Media, it goes to where I want it to go and displays it in the 1 column format I specified…

I can’t figure out for the life of me…why when I click on Sourcing category…it goes to a messed up default mode where it has 1 leading, 3 intro and 2 columns.

I am staring at the configuration for that and specifically ahve it at 0 leading, 3 intro and 1 column.

Why is it not displaying it in a nice clean 1 column layout?

Am I missing something here? Is it a bug…can someone tell mere where in the template I can go to change this to force it to display 1 column? I have no idea but it’s driving me nuts.

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi,
    That is not a bug of the module. Joomla does not support global configuration for displaying blog. Therefore, there’s no way for you to set all blog category (or section) display in one column. By default, the blog category display one leading news and 2 column intro news.

There’s a great feature in JA News 1.2 that’s automatically detect the link for category title. For each category, you should create a menu item type “Blog Category” and configure the displaying parameter for it. The JA News module will automatically detect that menu item and use it for the appropriate category link.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum