Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

When clicking on a read more link or the title of the article on the frontpage you go to a page where you can read the whole article.
    Between the title and the text I want to add a banner.
    Where must i be to edit this?

marco vl Friend

Nobody a idea?

scotty Friend

Do you want the banner to appear only on the full article page? or on the frontpage article intro also?

The easiest way to do this would be to create a new module position over the main content area and publish your banner there setting it not to appear on the front page. This will appear over the title though – not between the title and the article content.

You could set it to appear on the full article page between the title and content by editing templatesja_mesolitehtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php but it’s more work than I am willing to go into here at almost 1 am.

I’ll have a look tomorrow.

marco vl Friend

No just the full article page

iwankumara Friend

Hi Dreamfox..

i do have a solution for you all to put banner between intro and main text. This banner will not be shown on front page, but when you click read more and go to full article, your banner will appear between intro and main text.
    Is this what you expect?
    if you want it, I can send you the module I made for this.
    Send an email to marketing@sinergicyber.com

Cheers ! 😉

Iwan Kumara
    http://www.SinergiCyber.com

scotty Friend

iwankumara;105703if you want it, I can send you the module I made for this.

Free of charge I hope!

Anyway… to answer the question.

After making a backup open /templates/ja_teline_ii/html/com_content/article/default.php and find somehere around line 124…

[php]<div class=”article-content”>[/php]On a new blank line BEFORE that line place the following text…
    [php]<div>
    <?php
    $myblurb_modules = &JModuleHelper::getModules( ‘banner3’ );
    foreach ($myblurb_modules as $myblurb) {
    $_options = array( ‘style’ => ‘raw’ );
    echo JModuleHelper::renderModule( $myblurb, $_options );
    }
    ?>
    </div>[/php]…and save.

Now go to Extesions>Module Manger>Banner Module> type banner3 in the positions dropdown box and select ‘All’ under ‘menu Assignment’. Click Save.

Now open /templates/ja_teline_ii/css/template.css at line 768 find…

div.advs {
    clear:both;
    display:block;
    float:left;
    width:100%;
    }

and change to…

div.advs {
    clear:both;
    display:block;
    width:100%;
    }

This will load your banner module published to position ‘banner3’ in all full page articles between the Article Title and Article text.

iwankumara Friend

Scotty,

I believe you have got the module /plugins I sent you to answer your need.
    It’s free isn’t it?
    I made it so hard.

Hope you are happy now.

scotty Friend

Yes I received it last night, Thank you and yes, it was free.

While your ad may have some good uses, it is not what the OP was looking for.

He wanted the Banner Module to appear between the Title and Content. Your Ad seems to appear only after a read more pagebreak. Your ad does not display a module, it displays HTML, although the {loadposition } function could probably be used.

I think your ad would be good for placing adsense ads within an article.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum