Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Yes this is an older site which will be updated this summer. For now though the client continues to make good use of it. It’s built on JA University for Joomla 2.59.
    Recently I added a popup video gallery using JCE’s advanced Media Box. All works well, but the popup is underneath the main menu div.
    The reason why the menu is on top of the videos is that it has a Z-index of 30000. But for the life of me, using Firefox and Chrome to debug, I can’t find where in the code that the value is actually controlled. I suspect that if I set the value to 1, it will solve the problem. I just don’t know where the file is located.
    The inline code which is causing the problem is this:
    BODY #ja-mainnav
    {
    z-index: 30000;
    But I cannot find this line in any of the CSS files. Its origin has baffled me.
    You can see the problem here: https://educationlaw.org/video-test
    Please, if anyone has any ideas how to fix this, let me know. Admittedly it’s been awhile since I did any heavy-duty coding with this older T3 framework.
    It’s good to back on the board. I look forward to using the new full-width templates.
    -Jim G.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Jim,

You can try with my tweak as below:

/* NAVIGATION
    --------------------------------------------------------- */
    #ja-mainnav {
      background: url(../images/menubg2.png) no-repeat center #dfeff9;
      z-index: 1 !important;
    }

And add `z-index’ properly like above.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    To fix the issue
    Go to /plugins/system/jcemediabox/css/jcemediabox.css
    find this code

#jcemediabox-popup-page {
        position: fixed!important;
        z-index: 10000;
    }

and replace it with

#jcemediabox-popup-page {
        position: fixed!important;
        z-index: 99992;
    }

Save file , clean your Joomla cache and check .

gribblej Friend

Thank you both very much! Both ways are fine. In addition Ryan Demmer at JCE came up with another simple fix for problems such as this. He had me simply add:

jcemediabox-popup-page {z-index: 50000;}

…to template.css
    I still can’t find where that enormous Z-index value came from to begin with, but these approaches have provided effective workarounds.
    -Jim Gribble

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gribblej 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum